Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So we can't afford Murray, but can buy CMS for 3 Million?

ChazzyBHA

Dec 27, 2011
Yes I know it was ages ago, but this is something I don't understand. How can we not afford Murray's Wages but can by CMS for 3 Million? I know Murray is the past but how can this be possible?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you believe that commentator then I have some magic beans for sale.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Because Poyet is an IDIOT who can't offer TOP CLASS players small amounts of money to keep them at the club, we're talking about a few hundred thousand pounds when he's happy to spunk MILLIONS up the wall on DROSS like CMS and Vicente.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Forget about f***ing Murray for christs sake, you sad sad creature

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Because we needed to free up wages to sign CMS? 15-odd k a week + 15-odd k a week = 30- odd k a week. Factor in Hoskins wages and Barnes wages, we're probably looking at 40-odd thousand a week on strikers alone, that we would never be able to use simultaneously. Championship teams do not need four experienced strikers earning a decent wedge; it just isn't viable.

As I said in a previous thread, no-one on here was saying Gus had made inadequate replacements when we signed CMS and Hoskins. It's the beauty of hindsight.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
It's just bullshit.

Both bits of business were a monumental error.

Most accurate post anyone has stuck on here today.

Summed up perfectly by the action in the 46th minute. 1 nil down CMS through with only the keeper to beat and doesn't even test him. Not good enough I'm afraid.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Difference between couldn't afford and not thinking he was worth it.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
It's difficult to understand paying THREE MILLION POUNDS for Alex Revell with better hair! CMS is our Torres :nono:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nobody moaned last season when Murray only scored 7 goals in 46. There is a wage cap at our club so wild guesses at CMS wages are nonsense too.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Because we needed to free up wages to sign CMS? 15-odd k a week + 15-odd k a week = 30- odd k a week. Factor in Hoskins wages and Barnes wages, we're probably looking at 40-odd thousand a week on strikers alone, that we would never be able to use simultaneously. Championship teams do not need four experienced strikers earning a decent wedge; it just isn't viable.

As I said in a previous thread, no-one on here was saying Gus had made inadequate replacements when we signed CMS and Hoskins. It's the beauty of hindsight.

Everyone knew at the time that letting Murray go was a mistake. You don't need the benefit of hindsight for that.

The problem is that someone told Gus or Gus himself decided to spunk £3m on a striker that has nowhere near sufficient skills to be an adequate replacement.

Whichever you look at it, massive mismanagement.

May 2, 2010
one of the strangest pieces of football business I've ever seen in my life time, CMS must be on an absolute fortune though.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Don't really think Poyet wanted to keep Murray enough,for whatever reason/s.
Sadly,CMS hasn't done the business that we might have anticipated from a £2.5m + striker. and it is not all down to style of play.He should have scored early in the second half today.He misses too many chances.
End of.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Everyone knew at the time that letting Murray go was a mistake. You don't need the benefit of hindsight for that.

The problem is that someone told Gus or Gus himself decided to spunk £3m on a striker that has nowhere near sufficient skills to be an adequate replacement.

Whichever you look at it, massive mismanagement.

True.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here