Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, To Sum Up...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
- We're currently top of the Championship, our highest league position in nearly 30 years, after starting unbeaten in our first 5 league games.
- We're into the 3rd Round of the League Cup, where we'll be welcoming Liverpool, having already defeated one Premier League side.
- We're doing all of this in a stunning, state of the art stadium that we've waiting 15 years for and which is sponsored by a world-famous company.
- Said stadium has been bankrolled by a lifelong Albion fan, who cares about this club every bit as much as any of us, and who has the vision and financial clout to set this club on the way to proper, long term, sustained success with all the necessary infrastructure.
- Thanks to said Chairman's vision, we have a manager who, along with his assistant and coaching team, has brought about an on-pitch transformation every bit as dramatic, if not even more so, as our off-pitch movements.
- That combination of Manager and Chairman has seen to it that we have the most solid, talent-packed squad from front to back that we've had in many, many years, including two million-pound plus signings, at least one of who had Premiership clubs looking at him.
- We've now added a free transfer signing which had made most of the League sit up and take notice, given that he's won one of the biggest leagues in the world on two occasions, played 40 times for his country, won the UEFA Cup and once had one of the biggest clubs in the world make a £35 million bid for him.

If this is all a dream, please don't bloody wake me up....

:albion:

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
- We're currently top of the Championship, our highest league position in nearly 30 years, after starting unbeaten in our first 5 league games.
- We're into the 3rd Round of the League Cup, where we'll be welcoming Liverpool, having already defeated one Premier League side.
- We're doing all of this in a stunning, state of the art stadium that we've waiting 15 years for and which is sponsored by a world-famous company.
- Said stadium has been bankrolled by a lifelong Albion fan, who cares about this club every bit as much as any of us, and who has the vision and financial clout to set this club on the way to proper, long term, sustained success with all the necessary infrastructure.
- Thanks to said Chairman's vision, we have a manager who, along with his assistant and coaching team, has brought about an on-pitch transformation every bit as dramatic, if not even more so, as our off-pitch movements.
- That combination of Manager and Chairman has seen to it that we have the most solid, talent-packed squad from front to back that we've had in many, many years, including two million-pound plus signings, at least one of who had Premiership clubs looking at him.
- We've now added a free transfer signing which had made most of the League sit up and take notice, given that he's won one of the biggest leagues in the world on two occasions, played 40 times for his country, won the UEFA Cup and once had one of the biggest clubs in the world make a £35 million bid for him.

first class post mate

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Live in the moment, people - these moments don't come along too often.

And we also have very nice pies. Don't forget the pies. :lol:

trancing

On our way 2 falmer
Jul 23, 2009
Shoreham By Sea
I think we are witnessing the greatest period in Brighton and Hove Albion's history and being a part of it well its f***ing BRILLANT!!!!!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Well said, but the optimism won't last long - wait until it rains at a home game and people get a bit wet, or until someone has to queue for the train/bus for a few minutes.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
But let's not forget that, as Sam Allardyce said, CMS won't have come for football reasons. What a c*ck that bloke really is.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
On the way to the Blackpool game, this fella, late 50's, fat, wearing a sandtex replica shirt that was way too tight, he was one of these people that speaks too loudly on his mobile, so it wasn't as if you had to eavesdrop to hear every word.
Anyway, what he was saying to his mate went along the lines of, "Well at the Doncaster game the people sat next to me were shouting & waving flags all bloody game. If they carry on like that, we'll be having words".

Him & people like him will not call this a dream, but more of a nightmare.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Yeah - but apart from all that, what have The Albion ever done for us?

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Smuge, during the Peterborough game I heard a bloke behind me say about Bridcutt ' does that player ever pass the ball forward'. I mean the next thing i expect to hear is too many foreign players in the team.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Let's hope we can start keeping up with Scumhampton :lol::

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It's especially sweet when you remember how it felt losing the Goldstone, finishing second to bottom of the league 2 years in a row, trekking to that shithole for 2 seasons etc, etc......

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

That actually brought tears to my eyes reading that!

Oh how far we have come since the humiliation of going to Gillingham and being being sold burgers by c unts wearing their hats, just to rub in our status as second class fans.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
After reading that I don't think I will ever moan and post a moaning post about queuing for anything BHAFC related ever again EVER!!!!:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If the rep system was active, you would be getting a healthy dose of positive reputation right now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here