Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So now it's (almost) all over, how would you rate the season?

How would you rate the season?

• Total voters

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
A good season, but also a massive wasted opportunity.

I agree to a point that we probably didnt "go for it" as much as we could have done when we found ourselves in the top 4/5 more probably by luck than judgement and of course you cant pick WHEN you will go up.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Overall i'm happy with the way the season has gone. I cant help feeling it could have been soo much better though. Feel we have gone off the boil a bit towards the end of the season. A massive overhaul is needed in the summer, get the right players in the right positions and next season will be our season

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
113 level headed and happy fans. 6 over expectant, probably new fans who want everything now and are not easily pleased atall. 2 jokes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have been pleased with the overall result for the season but feel that with a little more investment and imagination during the January transfer window more could have been achieved but whether or not that was part of the plan who knows.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
A good season, but also a massive wasted opportunity.

If the news comes out soon that Vicente is staying one more year then it'll be a great season, and we can really build for next year.

If he's going, then we've really wasted this chance to go up, as we'll never get anyone as good as him next year. Unless we get some much better players in, I suspect we'll actually go backwards in terms of league position, and it'll be a long time before we'll get this chance to go up again.

I don't necessarily think that losing Vicente would stop us improving next year although if he was ours for another season our chances would significantly improve. Having a player like that in our team will also make it easier to attract better players.

As far as this season goes, well I'm another who can saythat on every level my expectations have been exceeded. My two boys who have never been season ticket holders before are absolutely in love with the Albion now. And yes, every time i cross the railway bridge,i also get goosebumps. What an amazing season.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't really understand all this 'massive opportunity missed' stuff. We've been a decent Championship side, but apart from Southampton at home (when the game changed on Lambert's red card) and Cardiff away, we haven't won a single game against any of the teams in the top 6. That suggests to me that we simply aren't as good as the top 6. So we're sat in 8th, more or less in our rightful place. Cant see where this 'massive opportunity' was.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It has been superb, the Amex still gives me a lump in the throat every time I see it. Being objective I think that results have been better than performances, but the defence has been reasonably solid, Vicente, Buckley and KLL have at times really excited me, and lots of memorable moments.

The Palace result at the Amex was the worst result for me, we folded on Saturday, but West Ham have a lot of Premiership experience, whereas Palace should never been allowed the time and space we gave them given the squad that they have. Away form has to improve if we are to have a good chance of the play-offs next season. That's got to come from Gus, the players, and the cheque book of TB to a degree too.

I think this could be the most revealing summer of all time as an Albion fan in terms of Tony Bloom's ambitions.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
At the start of the season, I wanted mid-table and be above Palarse. But to say with 3 games left and with us in 8th Spot, in our first season back in the Championship. I would of said your seriously having a laugh. But Gus has worked wonders and with investment in the Summer within the Squad, I think we can go that one step further next season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think this could be the most revealing summer of all time as an Albion fan in terms of Tony Bloom's ambitions.

True, we couldn't really moan too much, at least we shouldn't, if he decides that the income has to fund the playing side from here on in. Much like Madjeski at Reading. I think too many fans are expecting millions to be thrown at the team this summer, I'm not so sure that this will happen.

Certainly going to be interesting. If we spend loads it'll be exciting. If TB reigns in the spending will Gus get a sulk on?

In fact the only disappointment this season other than "that" Palace game is that Palace were't relegated or at least embroiled in a relegation battle.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
True, we couldn't really moan too much, at least we shouldn't, if he decides that the income has to fund the playing side from here on in. Much like Madjeski at Reading. I think too many fans are expecting millions to be thrown at the team this summer, I'm not so sure.

Transfer fees are for headline writers only. And people who think headlines are important.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Great season, tinged with slight disappointment because I do think we had a genuine chance of the playoffs which we've mucked up. We've had some amazing games, we've had a few absolute nightmares, but it's been more good than bad, definitely.

Nicely summed up.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Great season - having endured a bad few years at the Goldstone after I moved here in '89, then Gillingham and Withdean, being able to get that 'away' buzz at home games once more, is really great and with decent facilities to boot, thanks a million (well 93 of them) TONY:) - quality of football was 6 out of ten but that will get better with time too, which we now have in the Amex.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Brilliant season, I was happy with 12th hoped for top ten and we could make that. We might even sneak into the playoffs but I don't expect to. Until this last poor run we were the only unbeaten team in England 2012 so not bad really is it.

Last edited:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I don't really understand all this 'massive opportunity missed' stuff. We've been a decent Championship side, but apart from Southampton at home (when the game changed on Lambert's red card) and Cardiff away, we haven't won a single game against any of the teams in the top 6. That suggests to me that we simply aren't as good as the top 6. So we're sat in 8th, more or less in our rightful place. Cant see where this 'massive opportunity' was.

Er, yes we did, beat Cardiff and Southampton plus hopefully Birmingham on Saturday. The reason it is a missed opportunity is because we could have had this in our own hands but for various reasons it was not to be. We are not good enough for the Premier League but hey, take it when you can.

Back to topic. I was hoping for play-offs and then saw the fixture list and thought, "bloody hell"! After a fantastic start, we have come down to earth but it has been fantastic. Play-offs still there but I don't think it will happen. I personally cannot wait for the new season and I am not looking forward to the break, wish we could start again straightaway! At least there is the Euro's and the Olympics to keep us amused.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
It was almost perfect. It would have been perfect if we hadn't of lost at home to Palace and if we make the play off or didn't get quite so close to them that you think about all those times we conceded goals during the last few minutes of a game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here