Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So now it's (almost) all over, how would you rate the season?

How would you rate the season?

• Total voters

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
So out of 60 voters, 55 think that the season has exceeded expectations at the very least.

So what's with all the moaning?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Delighted - I said 12th-17th at the start of the season so couldn't have gone better :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So out of 60 voters, 55 think that the season has exceeded expectations at the very least.

Quite. I suppose people like to voice their opinions and the moaners always seem to have the most to say.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If you'd have said that we'd be 5 points off the playoffs with 3 games left I'd have bitten your hand off.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As good a season as I can remember since the last time we were on a roll out of Division 3 to the top level. I am not 100% sure that Gus knows what he is doing some of the time, with his team selection and tactics, but still 100% behind him. If he can get the players that have the ability to play the way he wants we will be plain awesome (hate that word) to watch.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Exceeded expectations - great stadium, great team, great footy , great people around me and great pies :)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Great season, tinged with slight disappointment because I do think we had a genuine chance of the playoffs which we've mucked up. We've had some amazing games, we've had a few absolute nightmares, but it's been more good than bad, definitely.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Stupidest shout loudest. This has proven at home games this season as well.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The thing people seem to forget is that if Gus didn't ever make mistakes, he wouldn't be our Manager. He is still learning, so let him learn. Yes he makes some odd decisions, but a lot of the time they seem to come off. Sometimes they don't, well shit happens. I don't really see how anyone can criticise the league position we find ourselves in. His project is 60% complete I think, everything is in place, we should be able to build on it and improve next season, and hopefully be in the Premier League in a couple of season's time. Then he can leave for a top job, and the new man can come in and take over to try and build on the foundations that Gus laid.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Loved it.The stadium is superb,and once we're all more used to it it could become as atmospheric as Withdean ! Need more noise such as the Burnley fiasco,and I guess from what I read on here I'm not the only one who would like to see a settled team,hopefully with some new faces and a bit more strength and using our better players.The team at West Ham was certainly a strange one to put in front of a team with no confidence at home.

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
does anyone else still walk over the railway bridge and look up at the Amex and still get goose bumps.........it impress's and excites me as much today as it did on 6/8/11. and to top it off we watch a spanish idol, who has won the champions league ad countless caps for the best side in the world and he is wearing the blue and white stripes of the seagulls. Note to myself "Keep pinching".

This

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011

Quite right. I was a moaner on Saturday, because as a passionate fan, you want your team to play to the best of their abilities, even if it is a defeat. On Saturday a lot of us were hurting. Spent good money going to West Ham, to watch a fiasco in defence, a forward line up on a par with the French during the war & a manager who seemed to pick the players names at random out of a hat. Let's hope it was a one off!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
If you'd have said that we'd be 5 points off the playoffs with 3 games left I'd have bitten your hand off.

Charming - if I give you some good news, you mutilate me?!?!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Quite right. I was a moaner on Saturday, because as a passionate fan, you want your team to play to the best of their abilities, even if it is a defeat. On Saturday a lot of us were hurting. Spent good money going to West Ham, to watch a fiasco in defence, a forward line up on a par with the French during the war & a manager who seemed to pick the players names at random out of a hat. Let's hope it was a one off!

There's nothing wrong with moaning about specific games and team selection and that kind of thing, especially after the likes of Saturday's debacle. But it's when people start saying that Gus has lost the plot and it's time for someone new and we are suddenly the worst team in the world after we lose a couple of games on the spin, when we'd just gone on a 12 game unbeaten run that annoys me.

Fortunately, the people that do this tend to be the ones who struggle to string a sentence together, so it shouldn't bother me really.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hard to fault it, so I won't bother trying.

Pockets of issues along the way, but that really is nit-picking, and besides - that comes with the roller-coaster of being a Brighton fan.

In the great scheme of things, there's hardly been a better time to be follow the Albion.

Summed up perfectly. The only blip was the "no shots on target" period Oct-Dec but thats been addressed and we can crack onto the new season now.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The thing people seem to forget is that if Gus didn't ever make mistakes, he wouldn't be our Manager. He is still learning, so let him learn. Yes he makes some odd decisions, but a lot of the time they seem to come off. Sometimes they don't, well shit happens. I don't really see how anyone can criticise the league position we find ourselves in. His project is 60% complete I think, everything is in place, we should be able to build on it and improve next season, and hopefully be in the Premier League in a couple of season's time. Then he can leave for a top job, and the new man can come in and take over to try and build on the foundations that Gus laid.

Quite right. And to be 60% there when only 40% of the 5 year plan has elapsed, then that's pretty good if you ask me.

By the way, when I first went into this thread and viewed the results before voting, it was a public poll and the names of those that voted were visible. 1 of the 2 that have voted awful has commented in this thread that the season exceeded expectations. So you can adjust the poll results accordingly if you like.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
A good season, but also a massive wasted opportunity.

If the news comes out soon that Vicente is staying one more year then it'll be a great season, and we can really build for next year.

If he's going, then we've really wasted this chance to go up, as we'll never get anyone as good as him next year. Unless we get some much better players in, I suspect we'll actually go backwards in terms of league position, and it'll be a long time before we'll get this chance to go up again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here