Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So now it's (almost) all over, how would you rate the season?

How would you rate the season?

• Total voters

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
For me, it's been superb. One of the best seasons I've ever seen, including all the recent promotion ones. Next season promises to be even better.

Poll coming.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I have loved and loved every single week since August 6th. Would have been happy with Mid Table and some nice results, but having challenged for the top 6th for most of the season and beaten some big sides, I think we have massivly over achieved and some of the football we have played has just been a delight to watch. Well played Gus and the players and thanks Tony for giving us a cracking home. Roll on next season.

As Mr Knight said to me on saturday, "if I had offered you 7th place, 2 points from the play offs with 4 to go, would you have taken it, I woud have snapped your hand off I replied.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Despite the sickly feeling that currently dominates me, i haven't had a better time being an Albion fan, in all the victories AND defeats no matter how few or many. Just to be at the Amex, for starters, and then to witness some magical moments with a level of skill and talent i have never been exposed to in blue and white. Incredible. All the singing, for gawd's sake, and how it echoes around the stadium. The atmosphere. The feelings of awe and pride and amazement at everything around us, and to have that topped off by a side determined to play attractive and controlled football against sides that would have for so many years seemed too mighty for us to challenge or come close to. Pure, unadulterated euphoria at everything that has happened and i wish it wouldn't end.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Taken as a whole it has been remarkable, at times even surreal. The stadium is incredible, everything connected with it has far exceeded even the wildest of my expectations and the football has been quite exquisite at times; obviously we have had moments of frustation but this is all part of the journey. I feel we're at the start of a great adventure.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I thought that we would finish around 16th, therefore if we keep our place in the top 10, we will have definitely exceeded my expectations.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I have massively enjoyed this season and would have quite happily taken a mid table finish before it began. I don't think we truly looked like we were a top 6 team, not enough good performances against the top teams. Right from day one we have seen some cracking games full of drama and there haven't been too many dull matches at The Amex.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would have been happy with 12th place. Therefore, it has been a more than successful season - and it has laid the foundations for a successful season next year so long as the key personnel can be kept and the right players bought in.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
It's been a fantastic season thought we'd finish mid-table at best. Loved every minute brilliant stadium still two to go at home, can't wait till Tuesday.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've loved it. I must admit to believing at the start of the season that we'd challenge for a play-off place but equally I admit I had forgotten how good the football can be at this level and therefore what a step up it seemed.

But it's been a really good platform. Despite Saturday, I genuinely think we're not far off title contention with 3 or 4 key reinforcements. We could really kick on next season; and if we do I'm expecting our all time attendance records to be broken. Good times. :)

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I have massively enjoyed this season and would have quite happily taken a mid table finish before it began. I don't think we truly looked like we were a top 6 team, not enough good performances against the top teams. Right from day one we have seen some cracking games full of drama and there haven't been too many dull matches at The Amex.

Sums it up perfectly for me. Only thing I'd add is that a strong last three games is necessary, otherwise it will be a disappointing end. Sums it up perfectly for me. Only thing I'd add is that a strong last three games is necessary, otherwise it will be a disappointing end. Hopefully the Birmingham game will be a carnival atmosphere just like Doncaster - maybe the club will put out flags again.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Hard to fault it, so I won't bother trying.

Pockets of issues along the way, but that really is nit-picking, and besides - that comes with the roller-coaster of being a Brighton fan.

In the great scheme of things, there's hardly been a better time to be follow the Albion.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Totally exceeded expectations. I would have settled for a solid mid-table performance before the season began (which we may indeed end up with) but to have been serious challengers for the playoffs with four games to go has really been fantastic. I'd like us to stay to finish in the top ten now as I think the players effort over the season merits it.

We now have a good base on which to build and if we ca make the necessary improvements in the summer we can look forward to another interesting season in 2012/2013.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Clearly we have overachieved with the current squad and assuming we don't cave in over the last three games the season can be judged to have been satisfactory but huge investment or a skilled eye is needed to get us into serious play off contenders next season.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
does anyone else still walk over the railway bridge and look up at the Amex and still get goose bumps.........it impress's and excites me as much today as it did on 6/8/11. and to top it off we watch a spanish idol, who has won the champions league ad countless caps for the best side in the world and he is wearing the blue and white stripes of the seagulls. Note to myself "Keep pinching".

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Fantastic season, and clear signs of progress for next year. Can't wait.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Before the season started, all I wanted to see was Brighton stay up and I would have been happy, and possibly a mid/top table finish at best. I never really thought we would be challenging for a play off place within our first season in the Championship, the club and players have exceeded expectations, and at times have been great to watch. The additions of Razak and Assulin from Man City, along with the other loan players, and the fit Vicente, really show where Brighton want to be and I cant wait until next season...a strong promotion push lets hope!

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I've loved every minute of it (apart from the game that must not be mentioned) and still get a thrill every time I go to our beautiful stadium.
And, to top it all off, we have the most wonderful Vicente playing in the stripes!!

After being in this league before and really struggling, this season for me has been one of the best ever (and I go back quite a bit).

Exceeded my expectations.

Only real downside was losing to Palace at home, but to finish above them has softened the blow somewhat.

Can't wait for next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here