Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So much better then last year

Smudge7

Nov 5, 2003
Brighton
I've made it to just a handful of games this year but what i've seen is a much better team then last year. I have no worry's at the moment of getting relagated. Were playing good attacking football and a team will soon get a hammering from us. We had three very good chances last night, which we couldn't take. One game soon all our chances are gonna go in.

I think to many people are worrying at the moment. This is my far the best team i have seen at the albion. MM has got them playing half decent football and without injurys we have a good squad.

Prediction:

Safe my four games to go and finish 17th!!

Up the albion

:albion:

Actually, I agree. I think we are a much better footballing side than last year, it's just that we can't get the ball in the back of the net enough. Add to that some key injuries. That's why we are where we are. I do think we'll be okay, we don't get beaten much, at least!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I also agree, this team will do ok. There are 3 points separating 13th to 23rd. I am also finding the style of play and the new players a dramatic improvement on last year. Yes it has been frustrating but we are creating the chances to miss, so we are streets in front of last years team, we just need a bit of the luck that they had.

Not even close to panicking yet

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think we are the Spurs of the south coast.....in as much as our fans moan more than they cheer, no wonder Kinky loves it down here :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I dont think anyone is panicking and I agree we are a better side than last year for sure.

I have a concern about Hinch being the saviour when McShane goes back and I do not think Adam El Abd is the answer....perhaps Race can "pump" tank on that one:ohmy: So I would be looking for a centre back when the transfer window opens....

i would try and keep Henderson if we can, replace McShane ( there is no way we can afford him) another strong midfielder and I think that would be it really ( perhaps a decent left back as I thought Ready struggled last night - or was he right back??? anyway someone to replace Reidy)

Smudge7

Nov 5, 2003
Brighton
I understand that yeah we still need to strenthen. But we haven't got large amounts of money. Some people are expecting us to win every game. I am very happy with the way it is going at the moment. And i do think it will only get better.

Now if everyone will stop moaning and try and make an atmosphere at home games. This will shorly help the players much more!!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
We just need a striker on loan that can actually bury some of these chances. and also a LB. Both on loan which will give CKR and robinson chances as super subs.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
What surprises me this season is that apart from Reading, who I thought looked a class side, the teams we have so far played are all at about the same level as us. Presume that's why it's a so darn close division. If only we had goal scorers as we are creating far more scoring chances this season.

All in all I've enjoyed the season so far.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
This is my sort of thread.
We are getting better results against the same teams than last year.
I said 17th at the start of the season and stick by that.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Only seen one game so far, Derby on the first day, will probably be at Stoke on Saturday against my better judgement as I hate the place but reckon it is time to end the hoodoo of never having seen us win there. After Derby I was probably more enthusiastic about the team than I have been for years, our passing was outstanding and the understanding between the players was there to see. I don't think we will go down, it may be close but not as close as last year, we should be safe with a couple of games to go, sooner or later the chances will start to fly in and hopefully we can extend the unbeaten run with a resounding victory at Stoke.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Derby away - last year loss - turned into a point
Reading home - loss - loss
Crewe home loss - draw turned into a point
Hull away (no responding fixture but could swap with Sunderland) loss- loss
Preston away loss now -turned into a point
Plymouth home loss - turned into 3 points
Sheff Utd home draw - loss so lost a point
Coventry at home draw - draw
Burnley away draw - draw
Leicester away win- draw lost 2 points
Norwich (Wigan) loss-loss
Cardiff draw-loss lost a point
Palace (West Ham) win-win
Ispwich draw - draw
Wolves loss- draw turned into a point

Still 3 points up on corresponding fixtures

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hopeful of survival... :) lb has to be our priority, then a cb if McShane goes...

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
We certainly are playing much more attractive football, and we're a better all-round team, but we lack the defensive resilience we showed last year - we saw many 1-0 wins last season, this season score-draws. If we're to survive, we need to take our chances and get that second goal, as we'll struggle to shut up shop and hold on for the one-goal win (as last night showed).

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Repugnant Toad said:
We certainly are playing much more attractive football, and we're a better all-round team, but we lack the defensive resilience we showed last year - we saw many 1-0 wins last season, this season score-draws. If we're to survive, we need to take our chances and get that second goal, as we'll struggle to shut up shop and hold on for the one-goal win (as last night showed).

We've conceded a lot less goals this season than last. This is why our goal difference is keeping us out of trouble.
It's not the defence that needs shoring.

Stumpy Tim

Yorkie said:
Derby away - last year loss - turned into a point
Reading home - loss - loss
Crewe home loss - draw turned into a point
Hull away (no responding fixture but could swap with Sunderland) loss- loss
Preston away loss now -turned into a point
Plymouth home loss - turned into 3 points
Sheff Utd home draw - loss so lost a point
Coventry at home draw - draw
Burnley away draw - draw
Leicester away win- draw lost 2 points
Norwich (Wigan) loss-loss
Cardiff draw-loss lost a point
Palace (West Ham) win-win
Ispwich draw - draw
Wolves loss- draw turned into a point

Still 3 points up on corresponding fixtures

I made this point the last time you put this up. Why would swap Sunderland Away with Hull? Hull should be swapped with a team that went down. As Hull came 2nd we should swap with Forest. And we beat them I believe.

So we're on the same number of points

Repugnant Toad said:
If we're to survive, we need to take our chances and get that second goal, as we'll struggle to shut up shop and hold on for the one-goal win (as last night showed).

Yes, but we also need to hold on to 1-0-ers - stiffen up the midfield (like we did at Palace) and we will break up opposition play better and defend leads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here