Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

so how come woking

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Because they were away from home, in a big game for them.

Atmosphere at these cup games has always been even worse than usual, today there was just nothing.

jimmypbha

Apr 5, 2009
NORTH STAND
Because they wanted too and hardly any bha wanted too. We tried in H block today and there were only around 15 of us singing. Bit of a shame really. We do need to sort this out.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Woking fans just proved that all the bollocks about the trees drowning out the singing is exactly that - bollocks. With knobs on.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The Woking fans just proved that all the bollocks about the trees drowning out the singing is exactly that - bollocks. With knobs on.
Well if that's true then the signing section must truly be shit because I've barely heard it in the last 10 years.
They had 800 all together who all wanted to sing, songs that they all knew (obviously). and were away from home. Chants like you'#re supposed to be at home make me laugh because there's not a club in the country that don't sing more away than at home.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well if that's true then the signing section must truly be shit because I've barely heard it in the last 10 years.

I'd agree with that. But at least they give it a go. And if every block made the same level of noise as H Block, or even attempted to, it would make a difference.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
In hindsight a mistake, albeit a kind one, to give them that end. They brought less than 900 so could have gone in the normal end then they'd have been a lot more subdued. But let's face it, it was their cup final the same as it was outs at Villa last season. No big deal really, although respect to the gut with the flare, that was quality. Particularly as he appeared to throw another one over at the end!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
respect to the gut [guy?] with the flare, that was quality. Particularly as he appeared to throw another one over at the end!!!

And zero respect to the stewards who just stood by watching the pretty fireworks. Don't suppose they much fancied a staff training day against such a large contingent of lower league away fans.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'd agree with that. But at least they give it a go. And if every block made the same level of noise as H Block, or even attempted to, it would make a difference.
Fair point, from my experience in other parts of the ground people will join in if there's singing, or get up for it depending on the game (bad refs always help :lol: ) but there aren't people who are going to lead singing throughout a game.

The Withdean atmopshere has died on it's arse though, it's been worse than ever the last couple of seasons. Just have to hope we remember some of the songs when we get to Falmer.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No big deal really, although respect to the gut with the flare, that was quality. Particularly as he appeared to throw another one over at the end!!!

some throw as he was chucked out (or nicked) after the 1st flare!

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
In hindsight a mistake, albeit a kind one, to give them that end. They brought less than 900 so could have gone in the normal end then they'd have been a lot more subdued. But let's face it, it was their cup final the same as it was outs at Villa last season. No big deal really, although respect to the gut with the flare, that was quality. Particularly as he appeared to throw another one over at the end!!!

They actually sold over 1000 tickets.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Bit depressing innit? Will it be any different at Falmer or have we just become a bunch of happy clappers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here