Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So another soldies dies in Afghanistan

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What is the point in us being there?

The russians threw a million men at the place and failed miserably, we threw an army there in the last 19th Century and LOST.

Have we learned nothing from history?

Let these people rule themselves FFS

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
We're fighting terrorism haven't you been paying attention ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
not in afghanistan we are not

that last war was all about regime change

havent you being paying attention?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dies Irae said:

No I think you haven't been paying attention, I think its an age thing Dave.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
you should know

wE ARE PROTECTING THE ELECTED GOVERNMNET AND HELPING TO PROTECT THE LEGAL SYSTEM, WOMEN, THE DISENFRANCHISED, HELPING WOMEN STAY IN JOBS GO TO SCHOOL ETC

HELPING TO REDUCE AND ELIMINATE THE DRUGS TRADE, AFGHANISTAN PROVIDES THE MAJORITY OF THE HERION ON OUR STREETS.

SO ON THIS ONE I AM FOR OUR TROOPS BEING OUT THERE.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Dies Irae said:

Yes we are. I thought we were looking for Bin Laden in his secret cave.

It's been so long though I bet he's escaped and is sunning himself on the Algarve by now.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
London Calling said:
wE ARE PROTECTING THE ELECTED GOVERNMNET AND HELPING TO PROTECT THE LEGAL SYSTEM, WOMEN, THE DISENFRANCHISED, HELPING WOMEN STAY IN JOBS GO TO SCHOOL ETC

HELPING TO REDUCE AND ELIMINATE THE DRUGS TRADE, AFGHANISTAN PROVIDES THE MAJORITY OF THE HERION ON OUR STREETS.

SO ON THIS ONE I AM FOR OUR TROOPS BEING OUT THERE.

Would you be happy for your son to be sent to Afghanistan. Or is it only other people's sons ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dies Irae said:
you should know

Hey Dave, I've just had my hair cut really short, just thought I'd mention that .... :lolol:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
London Calling said:

Convieniently forgetting that the Taleban which, um, we overthrew, prohibited the cultivation of opium poppies.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
bhaexpress said:
Hey Dave, I've just had my hair cut really short, just thought I'd mention that .... :lolol:

my mind reels with sarcastic replies

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dick Knights Mum said:
Would you be happy for your son to be sent to Afghanistan. Or is it only other people's sons ?

Sadly anybody who's son (or daughter) who joins the military takes that risk, that's part of what they get paid for. You could say the same about say Policeman or Firemen too but that's not part of their job description the same as fishermen and miners for example.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Dies Irae said:

And that regime was the Taleban, who were sheltering Bin Laden and Al-qaida.

Afghanistan was a pretty legitimate for T.W.A.T., but the tribal society and recent history isn't really conducive to the development of a modern state -hence the retreat back to regional squables and the continued support for Taliban factions who draw as much on ethnic and regional loyalties as religious ones.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
bhaexpress said:
Sadly anybody who's son (or daughter) who joins the military takes that risk, that's part of what they get paid for. You could say the same about say Policeman or Firemen too but that's not part of their job description the same as fishermen and miners for example.

I joined the RAF as a chef to travel and see the world as a youngster coz the human rat race bored me, does that mean I as a 17 year should have been aware and told my mum and dad I could be going to a War Zone and getting blown up in an armoured vehicle.

I agree, people who join the Army in the Infantry or in one of the regiments ie : Coldstream or Welsh Guards/Para's etc etc, but there are many trades now within the forces that are not front line based?

Grendel said:
Convieniently forgetting that the Taleban which, um, we overthrew, prohibited the cultivation of opium poppies.

The drugs trade has grown massively since the US-UK occupation. It is a concession to ensure what little social peace there is in the country is maintained.

Some morality, eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here