Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Snubbed!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I emailed the club with an offer to supply them with tapes of the A-League matches as a scouting tool a month or so back and they never even bothered to reply to me.

I realise they may have had no use for it, but at the least they could have replied thanks but no thanks.

Is this the norm when people write to the club that they get no response back?

I was just trying to help the club out in any small way i could from so far away, but now i dunno why i bothered.

:nono:

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Tyrone Biggums said:
I emailed the club with an offer to supply them with tapes of the A-League matches as a scouting tool a month or so back and they never even bothered to reply to me.

I realise they may have had no use for it, but at the least they could have replied thanks but no thanks.

Is this the norm when people write to the club that they get no response back?

I was just trying to help the club out in any small way i could from so far away, but now i dunno why i bothered.

:nono:

Ask the Insider

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I sent it to ther attention of Dean White, maybe his hotmail account was spammed with too much penis enlarging ads and dodgy stockmarket tips so he misssed it.

:down:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
BarrelofFun said:
I emailed the club FAO Martin Perry. I appreciate that they are very busy, but the least they could have done was acknowledge the email.

Very poor.

I'm not one to bag the club but it sounds pretty poor form.

I realise that they must get alot of stupid moronic emails but some actually deserve some response.

Considering how poorly we have perfromed in getting players here i would have thought any help on the scouting front would be welcome.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Tyrone Biggums said:
I'm not one to bag the club but it sounds pretty poor form.

I realise that they must get alot of stupid moronic emails but some actually deserve some response.

Considering how poorly we have perfromed in getting players here i would have thought any help on the scouting front would be welcome.

I am more shocked that you went out of your way to send videos in an attempt to help the club, yet failed to get a response.

It is very poor.

I sent Tony Blair a letter and got a response from an Aide a week later. They must get thousands upon thousands, yet it took them only a week to reply.

It is poor form, but I will not hold it against them.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
BarrelofFun said:
I am more shocked that you went out of your way to send videos in an attempt to help the club, yet failed to get a response.

It is very poor.

I sent Tony Blair a letter and got a response from an Aide a week later. They must get thousands upon thousands, yet it took them only a week to reply.

It is poor form, but I will not hold it against them.

Yes i too can't hold it against em.

I'd just love to see a steady stream of young aussies through the club, well that's my dream anway.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I've sent 2 e-mails to Martin Perry down the years, both were replied to within 3 days.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Rougvie said:
I've sent 2 e-mails to Martin Perry down the years, both were replied to within 3 days.

Yep. If you email him directly he responds very quickly.
Mine have always been answered same day.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
i've e-mailed the club too without any response whatever, which was i shame cos i was offering help (no not to be the next manager but i could sure do better than magoo)

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I have also offered by email to do some free scouting in Ireland in the past, not that I'm any good, but I was prepared to do it for free. Even recommended once a young lad from a nearby town who was eventually picked up by Nottingham Forest. I saw on ask the club a while back that another Irish based Seagull asked if we had scouts in Ireland and Insider said we had. I wonder where he was when Reading were picking up Doyle for 100k and Sunderland got those two Waterford United players on the cheap.

Not a response even to say thanks but no thanks.

Perry might be different but the rest of the club are piss poor in my experience.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Out of pure curiosity, why have all you been emailing the club?

Fair play to those of you who've been getting involved/helping play an active role in some way, it just interests me, as a ST holder for a good 15 years now, I'm pretty sure I've never had to get in contact, apart from to buy tickets!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here