Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Snow!

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
A bit of snow and the roads are gridlock! Not a hint of grit either - to be fair to the council theyve only had 4 days notice on the weather forecasts!

Should be all gone by saturday though.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
A bit of snow and the roads are gridlock! Not a hint of grit either - to be fair to the council theyve only had 4 days notice on the weather forecasts!

Just so long as it clears for the long trip to Burnley over the pennines :lol:

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Snake and Woodhead pass shut due to 'Blizzard conditions' according to beeb, M62 stationary both ways at saddleworth...
Might get the sledge out take the nephews up Ilkley Moor!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

The Burnley game is on FRIDAY though....

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Snow pics...

Just been out in the car up them there hills and found some waist high drifts! Love a bit of the white stuff, it even makes Bradford look half decent...

view pic 3.jpg

view pic.jpg

View pic2.jpg

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
My mates from work have done Helvelyn and Striding Edge today, a bit dicey on the tops, but amazing snow capped views. I do love the lakes, i should go more often it's only just over an hour to the southern end on a good run...

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Snake and Woodhead pass shut due to 'Blizzard conditions' according to beeb, M62 stationary both ways at saddleworth...
Might get the sledge out take the nephews up Ilkley Moor!

Do make sure that you are not bereft of suitable headgear.

D

Deleted member 18477

I'm glad i don't live in north England (the shithole)

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010

What a pleasant and broad minded sentiment! I went to 'dive' that is Ilkley today and tomorrow, I'm off for lunch in the 'shit hole' that is Harrogate and the equally dreadful Leeds for tea. I don't know how I'll cope with all the squalor and poverty I'll encounter!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

I expect the northerners are also glad you don't live there.

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Hopefully. They're all dirty northern bastards anyway.

I think someones hacked in to their dads profile and has decided it be a laugh to be a little bit abusive?! I'm not going to rise to it because life's too good and I've been sledging today and I suspect someone's a bit jealous?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Never go up Ilkley more b'ah tat (without hat), not until at least June that is!

DAMMIT, I was just about to enquire as to whether you'd taken a hat, or whether you were in fact b'aht.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No snow in Crap Town but this morning it was brass monkey weather with windy gusts blowing down from the Arctic and horizontal rain lashing into my face , I thought it was July for a moment.

D

Deleted member 18477

I think someones hacked in to their dads profile and has decided it be a laugh to be a little bit abusive?! I'm not going to rise to it because life's too good and I've been sledging today and I suspect someone's a bit jealous?

Take it on the chin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here