Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Snow warning!!

gizza25

Swedish Seagull
Jan 17, 2011
Lövestad/Sweden
Snow fell in Sussex this morning. The whole of the County has come to a complete standstill! Trains are reporting severe delays along the coast, Buses are struggling to cope with the severe weather conditions. The one snow plough that covers the Sussex area has been put on stand by! The public have been advised to stay at home for the day until the 2 flakes thaw out!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's chaos in Croydon.... lots of snow flakes are falling and blocking people's vision of things. And they are making everything wet when they melt. No surface is immune from it!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Snow fell in Sussex this morning. The whole of the County has come to a complete standstill! Trains are reporting severe delays along the coast, Buses are struggling to cope with the severe weather conditions. The one snow plough that covers the Sussex area has been put on stand by! The public have been advised to stay at home for the day until the 2 flakes thaw out!

I gather that Gatwick now has the same capability of snow-shifting as Olso airport. I presume everything was deployed to cope with the two flakes. Naturally all trains between Brighton and London were shut down for 4 hours, just in case.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just had a couple of flakes fall outside our office

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
We had quite a bit in Meopham, but not really settling on the roads, which are soaking wet, so isn't going to change anytime soom. The car took some clearing this morning though..

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
Bloody buses this morning!! Get some snow chains and provide the service I pay for you swines!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I gather that Gatwick now has the same capability of snow-shifting as Olso airport. I presume everything was deployed to cope with the two flakes. Naturally all trains between Brighton and London were shut down for 4 hours, just in case.

at the cost of £600k I can tell you and mighty fine they look too!!!

The airport will still shut though!

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Was thinking of going up to Barnet tonight but if there was a late postponement or snow left me stranded, it wouldn't be much fun kipping at Victoria train station.

It was a year ago our home match at Withdean against Notts County got called off very late - 6.30pm or thereabouts.

at the cost of £600k I can tell you and mighty fine they look too!!!

The airport will still shut though!

Yes it will, I was with one of the newly trained drivers of these beasts last winter when the snow fell thickly and he got the call to go straight to Gatwick, "Can't be arsed" was his answer.:clap:

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here