Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Snow Patrol, Mew, Hope of the States, Sleepy Jackson - Like any of these bands?

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
If so, can anyone tell me a music shop in Brighton where I can buy alternative music?

I'm sick of going into HMV/MVC etc and walking out with some album I don't really want because I can't find anything by the likes of The Rapture, Ryan Adams, The Warlocks etc or any of the above.

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
Snow Patrol and Mew are great. Snow Patrol's single was out yesterday but I couldn't find it as it had sold out, their album is out next Monday. Not so sure about Mew, I got their last single off the HMV website.

Fuckin ell sam! You live in Brighton and you can't find a decent record store, try living up here, there's one every 50 miles...

I guess you're probably not into drum and bass and probably buy CDs rather than vinyl. So you can't go wrong with Rounder Records (near Donatellos in that square bit with the fountain), the place opposite that (can't remember the name but it's pretty much the same except without vinyl) and Music Meltdown in the North Lanes for starters.

Hilton - what are Snow Patrol like? I'm seeing Athlete and they're supporting on Friday, are they worth turning up early for or should I just do the usual and get pissed in the pub during the support slot?

xx

Last edited:

Dunkstar

Jul 6, 2003
Up a Hill
Only pullin' ya chains i think they're all o.k to average.CB hits the nail on the haed with the rec shops but there are actually a few more in the North Lanes if you scout about.;)

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Hilton said:
Snow Patrol and Mew are great. Snow Patrol's single was out yesterday but I couldn't find it as it had sold out, their album is out next Monday. Not so sure about Mew, I got their last single off the HMV website.

Snow Patrol are v.good - the new album (which I bought last autumn, the version coming out next week is a reissue with 2 bonus tracks) is great, a good return to form. I'd recommend you also track down their debut, Music for Polarbears, but skip their second (When it's all over we still have to clear up), which I didn't like as much.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Snow Patrol are really good. Been around for a while but only look like breaking through with this album. The single is class

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
chemical brother said:
Is there any chance you could just tell me what style of music they play, what the vibe is and what bands they are comparable to without saying "they're great" or asking me to listen to anything?

xx

Uplifting rock anthems.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
snow patrol supported my band at the albert about 5 years ago.

can't believe there still going as they were the biggest pile of shit i had ever come across.

mind you i have purposely avoided listening to their 'amazing' new single because of this.

cant imagine theyve got that much better though and believe me, they need to have done!!!

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
do really like run. dunno bout owt else by snow patrol. do know he sounded crap on jo wiley today.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
and the mew geezer sounds like he may struggle to sing once his balls drop.:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here