Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smoking at the Amex

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Cars do not smell like dog shit smokers do.

true, we just suck up all the carcinogens obliviously. diesel fumes in particular are quite nasty, much more of a health problem than the smelly fags.

Last edited:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bloody stupid state of affairs, frankly (although a certain 'reformed smoker' on here would probably come outside & complain about the fag smoke if they did allow it).
What about having an area from which non-smokers ARE BANNED? You can't come past this point unless you light up - that would be great!

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
Thank you I am pleased that you agree that us non smokers smell a lot better than you dirty smelly dog shit breath fuckers.

Always the same, a half sensible debate going on, then some prick comes on with nothing to add except a personal attack on what is still a fairly large percentage of the population. You choose not to smoke which is great, but I find your comments whether in jest or not offensive.

Perfection in life is not easy to achieve, but you have obviously managed it so I applaud you, and can only aspire to be as vice free as you!:tosser:

As TLO would say DIDDUMS.

Besides you COULD smoke OUTSIDE Withers. Many a time I saw Lord B TUGGING on a woodbine for example.
As an apparently NOTORIOUS smoker, can I say that I find the opportunities for pre-match and post-match indulgence at Falmer perfectly acceptable? At the first two games, I've enjoyed a HEALTHY walk round the perimeter of the stadium, meeting people, chatting and climbing up and down stairs. The exercise has been beneficial and very enjoyable.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Thank you I am pleased that you agree that us non smokers smell a lot better than you dirty smelly dog shit breath fuckers.

Well they can't possibly smell any worse than your stinking attitude. Or your grammar. :thumbsup:

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
As an apparently NOTORIOUS smoker, can I say that I find the opportunities for pre-match and post-match indulgence at Falmer perfectly acceptable? At the first two games, I've enjoyed a HEALTHY walk round the perimeter of the stadium, meeting people, chatting and climbing up and down stairs. The exercise has been beneficial and very enjoyable.

What about post-match bar-time, with the family? Nowhere to escape to for a quickie?

What about post-match bar-time, with the family? Nowhere to escape to for a quickie?
Step outside for a few minutes and have one. No different from any other bar in the land.

Not having a half-time opportunity doesn't bother me - although I appreciated the arrangements they offered at Notts County.

At Charlton, there was a very helpful steward who told a group of us that we might be interested to know that there was an area in the corner, behind the away stand, that "isn't patrolled".

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
At Charlton, there was a very helpful steward who told a group of us that we might be interested to know that there was an area in the corner, behind the away stand, that "isn't patrolled".

LOL...it would only make the 'cannedheats' of this world, to go running to the stewards to complain, so as to assert their 'failed anger-management' attitude. Sort of kids who used to be in class and would stick their hand up as soon as they could to 'dob' somebody in. Obnoxious little shits.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Exactly and at Yeovil they let you out at half time as well.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can't believe the club are so anti smoking especially when dick tight is a chain smoker,such an easy thing to do aswell:(

Dick gave up the coffins nails about 4 years ago.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I would prefer an area where I can have a fag with my pint but it is not allowed anymore, not just at the Stadium but anywhere you go now so I can breath fresh air for 2 hours once every couple of weeks so I thank the club for thinking of me and my health and that they care.

am the one

May 29, 2011
Worthing West Sussex
i for one don,t smoke never have done never will, for these people that do then the club should say can you please smoke outside and but yours butts in the bins that are round the outside of the ground.I say please enjoy your football for 90 mins and mybe one day you give up.

Up the ALBION and Gus is GOD.

:bhasign: :angry: :bhasign:

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Step outside for a few minutes and have one. No different from any other bar in the land.

Right, I was imagining you'd have to leave the bar, leave the site, try to get back into the site and then back to bar. Presume no stewards after the match, then, to stop you nipping back to the bar for another G&T? Bit of a relief if that's the case.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I drink probably about 5 pints of beer in an average week (it used to be a lot more before I became husband and father!!) and it pains me that for my £3 pint, nearly £1 is paid to the government in tax for my drinking pleasure. What I couldn't stomach would be buying a pack of fags at say £5 knowing £4 of that is tax. Ouch. For a smoker who gets through say 5 packs a week, you're paying £960 per year in tax just for the pleasure of shortening your life span. Of course, you've already paid tax on your earnings to make that £960 in the first place - double ouch. Not only that, your life insurance premiums will be higher, plus any other health policies etc. It really is an extremely expensive habit to stick with. Those neurotransmitters are costly to fuel.

I'm a non smoker, but the poor buggers should be given somewhere to feed the habit, I think a little more sensitivity should be shown, given the huge costs they're already incurring, and the increased probability of some awful cancer developing etc. Smoke in peace I say!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here