Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smoking at the Amex

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It doesn't bother me too much being a light smoker. Do appreciate being given the option at half-time though of having a snout. Stewards at Bury last season were fantastic.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I gave up smoking on the 30th September last year, i went three whole months without so much as a crafty puff and on Christmas Eve I realised that I was on the verge of depression, the thought of never ever being able to have a fag again made me feel VERY miserable, so on that day I bought myself a packet of 10 Cafe Creme Cigars and lit one. It was amazing. I now allow myself a slim cigar if i'm out having a piss up, it's something to look forward to and that feeling of misery has long gone. I breeze through the day now, I dont even think about smoking, but as soon as I get on the turbo shandys etc I want a my Cafe Creme. So, to the point.... there should be a smoking area for smokers to use, im just gonna have one in the bogs otherwise and i wont be the only one!

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Classic comedy moment on the North Stand concourse at half time today -The 'Response Steward' who stormed up to a bloke telling him to put out his electric cigarette!

The bloke wound the steward up, continuing to puff away until one of his mates pointed out it wasn't real, leaving the steward to slope away looking a berk. :lolol:

shellsuit

Feb 5, 2009
I drink probably about 5 pints of beer in an average week (it used to be a lot more before I became husband and father!!) and it pains me that for my £3 pint, nearly £1 is paid to the government in tax for my drinking pleasure. What I couldn't stomach would be buying a pack of fags at say £5 knowing £4 of that is tax. Ouch. For a smoker who gets through say 5 packs a week, you're paying £960 per year in tax just for the pleasure of shortening your life span. Of course, you've already paid tax on your earnings to make that £960 in the first place - double ouch. Not only that, your life insurance premiums will be higher, plus any other health policies etc. It really is an extremely expensive habit to stick with. Those neurotransmitters are costly to fuel.

I'm a non smoker, but the poor buggers should be given somewhere to feed the habit, I think a little more sensitivity should be shown, given the huge costs they're already incurring, and the increased probability of some awful cancer developing etc. Smoke in peace I say!

please tell all us smokers where you can buy fags for £5.......you are obviously a person of superior knowledge and not out of touch in the slightest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here