Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smoking at the Amex

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
There were a lot of people smoking around the ground on Saturday. I thought it was the same as the Withdean policy of NO SMOKING. I don't like it but my Eight year old Daughter hates it even more and kept asking why people are allowed to smoke around the ground, when it was not allowed at Withdean maybe somebody on here knows the where the boundaries are and if stewards should be telling people to stub em out.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I imagine the boundaries are the turnstiles

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ahh the smoking gestapo have arrived

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As TLO would say DIDDUMS.

Besides you COULD smoke OUTSIDE Withers. Many a time I saw Lord B TUGGING on a woodbine for example.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
people smoking around the ground in the public, open air spaces? shirley not?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Everyone smoked outside withdean as well....Your not in the ground untill your in the stadium itself, simples....You will want to ban it in peoples own gardens soon!!!!!!!!!!!!...Sake!!!!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
:fishing::fishing: Is anyone going to bite ?.

Yes-as a smoker i feel the club could have catered for all-thus i suggest some form of "tunnel" that you pass through say 200 yards long,attached but at the same time detached, enabling one to smoke without the risk to others and then pass back into the stadium without leaving the ground during a game.

I am all for non smoking in restaurants,confined public places etc............

If it's ok for kids to be allowed into an adult drinking area-Dicks bar-may i just add i have no real problem with but it does introduce minors to see adults drink and learn from an early age all about how to get started on the dangers of drink,then why no smoking area?

rant over now where are my fags :smokin:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
But still someone had stubbed out their fag end on the memorial stones before Saturday's game. :dunce:

I hope it was my mums-passed away 3 years ago and was a smoker-hope it was left alight for her..

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
There were a lot of people smoking around the ground on Saturday. I thought it was the same as the Withdean policy of NO SMOKING. I don't like it but my Eight year old Daughter hates it even more and kept asking why people are allowed to smoke around the ground, when it was not allowed at Withdean maybe somebody on here knows the where the boundaries are and if stewards should be telling people to stub em out.

*Waits for the entertainment when the angry brigade bite on this*

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hoorah - About time fella's.

Just out of interest, what is more unhealthy for our kids. a few people in the open air around the outside of the stadium having a fag.......... OR The 1000 cars an hour chunning it don the A27. MMmmmmm BAN ALL CARS

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Yes-as a smoker i feel the club could have catered for all-thus i suggest some form of "tunnel" that you pass through say 200 yards long,attached but at the same time detached, enabling one to smoke without the risk to others and then pass back into the stadium without leaving the ground during a game.

I am all for non smoking in restaurants,confined public places etc............

If it's ok for kids to be allowed into an adult drinking area-Dicks bar-may i just add i have no real problem with but it does introduce minors to see adults drink and learn from an early age all about how to get started on the dangers of drink,then why no smoking area?

rant over now where are my fags :smokin:

Totally agree with this, I have posted before that at Derby County's Pride Park, they let you out at half time for a smoke, there are not hundreds of people out there tbh and it took one steward to moniter it, seems easy enough!

As for your other comment about letting kids into Dicks Bar, i grew up in a family that had fairly heavy influences with both tobacco and alcohol, one made my life hell at times and it wasn't the cigarettes, but people choose to ignore the dangers of drink. When the day comes that some mob does decide to have a bit of aggro at the Amex, and it will come, it wont be because they had a fag or 10 before the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here