Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smoking allowed at the Bescot Stadium

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Common sense ! Why Withdean south stand by the turnstiles which is totally in the opening air can't provide a space beggars belief

D

Deleted User X18H

All Football League Grounds are NON SMOKING without exception I cannot believe the League or the FA have santioned this.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
In fact, football clubs should be encouraging and helping smokers to STOP smoking, not encouraging them TO smoke.

It's absurd that a club should carry out such actions as im sure it will cost the club more money in Stwedarding fee's Admin fee's etc etc, just so some smokers can get their fix of pointless smoke which does nothing to them apart from slowly kill them.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Last season at Southend they opened the big gate and let us out for a ciggie.....

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Does the smoking ban apply to the players' tunnel? - some players (and we've had a few of them over the years) like a quick fag at half time...........
It's daft that an area which is completely open to the elements has to be entirely non-smoking anyway. Still, I suppose some wierdos enjoy the B.O. of the fat bloke sitting next to them.....................

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Millwall has a pilot running opening one stand going into the car park into a fenced off section that has proved successful and will be extended round the ground.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Fair enough really, better for the smokers to be able to smoke if they want to and best for the rest of us that we won't be subjected to it.

An issue at Withdean is that the stadium is owned by Brighton & Hove City Council. The Council has imposed a NO SMOKING rule on all of its property. This rule remains, regardless of what the football club might want or what the football authorities decree.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I thought that was part of being a Northerner, smoking yourself to death!?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
An issue at Withdean is that the stadium is owned by Brighton & Hove City Council. The Council has imposed a NO SMOKING rule on all of its property. This rule remains, regardless of what the football club might want or what the football authorities decree.

I thought that was the case. Bloody Council - you'd have thought they've got more important things to concern themselves with, quite frankly. :annoyed:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So if we are losing tomorrow night and all the smokers go into the bogs and light up will the game be abandoned when the smoke alarms go off ?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
So if we are losing tomorrow night and all the smokers go into the bogs and light up will the game be abandoned when the smoke alarms go off ?

Oh I say: a plan sooooo cunning - you could stick a tail on it & call it a Weasel! :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here