Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slight damage to wall, in Bakerloo Line tunnel

rool

Jul 10, 2003
There is a report on LBC that ambulances were called but not needed.

Hopefully all is well

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Ambulances were called but not needed according to LBC so seems no casualties hopefully. Line suspended between Piccadilly and Elephant & Castle and the track is blocked between embankment and waterloo. Collapsed under the River Thames.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Not a collapse, a bit of a wall fell down and a train hit it, been like it since 7 this morning. BBC London News said on Twitter that it was a collapse, as did the RMT and apparently a driver - so everyone believed them :facepalm:

No injuries though, an actual collapse would be a disaster though.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I'm not sure that would even be possible, except by bombing. Aren't all the tunnels fortified by steel (or iron) circular supports?

Well considering the incident has happened between Embankment and Waterloo - which is under the Thames, it has the potential to be one, that and if it fell on a train - that would be bad to say the least.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I suspect that a few bricks falling and having to be replaced is not an uncommon occurrence. On this occassion it coincides with a 72 hour strike by maintenance workers so unusually went undetected until a train rolled into the obstruction.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I blame the Olympics.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Stupid media (and anyone else who said it "collapsed") for not checking facts first (nothing new here I suppose!)

Imagine if one of the clads at the Amex stadium came off and the media reports "Amex stadium collapses" :D

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Oh God !

It's reported on NSC that the Amex has collapsed.Did I get out all right?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
The change in title to this thread now makes it read unintentionally comic like an Argus story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here