Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sledging

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Any sledging connoisseurs amongst the weird and wonderful of NSC? The last few days have blessed us with some scintillating conditions for EVERYONES favourite winter pastime, with snow aplenty and chilling sub-temperatures, nature has given BIRTH to some marvelous sledging scenes across the County since Thursday.

Such scenes have seen myself and a few good companions spend our SNOW-DAYS at the pristine, yet slightly treacherous WILDPARK: a fine venue for such occasions. Boasting a variety of icy-hills and the 'ski slope' of Sussex, we have enjoyed our hours spent SLEDGING. The only downside is the somewhat grueling TRUDGE back up the hill to partake in another adrenaline-sledge, and the occasional kick-ups of ice you get PINNING into your face as you surpass a certain speed.

SO

where have you ladies and gents been sledging the last few days?

kingstn seagull

Sep 4, 2007
YORKSHARE
The downs directly behind my house in lewes.
I have found a plank of wood with varnish on one side which works rather well as a snowboard!.
What fun this snow is.

Too old to sledge - however the two smaller Pottings have just got a sledge, one of the last ones in the shop on Wednesday. Been out with it everyday to a cul de sac just down the road from us, Nice hard compacted snow, no cars moving (those that are you can see in plenty of time) and noting to bump into. They are loving it and sledge has paid back it's investment in fun value already.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Indeed - Wild Park is heaven in these conditions.
Fair to say, after whizzing down the 'ski slopes' 'pat-ric' style, the walk up wasn't easy. My Bobby Dasslers just couldn't cope. Will wear a pair of Doc Martens tomorrow, to see how I fare with them. Maybe get Seag' out for the occasion..

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Denne Hill, just outside Horsham.

Fantastic!

Not just sledges, there were snowboards, inflatable boats, and even a canoe!!

More tomorrow!!

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Sledging can be leathal, 3 people were hospitalized in Lancing today and yesterday on the downs :O

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
i live on dumpdon hill in honiton. whilst meaning iv been stuck on it for the half of the week as they cant grit the roads, its absolutely PERFECT for sledding. plus the fact nobody can get to the hill, its all untouched snow. have been sledding 3 days straight on it, great fun.

have also been taking my sled with me while i go on walks, such a kid again, whenever i find any kind of incline, i stop walking and sit on my sled :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
On the slopes surrounding Cissbury Ring. Fantastic stuff.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Sledging wouldn't be HALF as fun if the danger of being cannoned by someone else and ending up in hospital didn't exist.

HALF.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Went up on the hills surrounding Lewes today. Fantastic view. Kids loved the sledging. I fell arse over tit about three times and was secretly glad when the sprogs said they'd had enough.

Still. Anyone else getting a bit bored of the white stuff? If the kids are off school for many more days me the the Mrs will go bloomin crazy!

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Been up the downs the last few days, a mate of mine broke his arm the other day:lol: silly sod.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
How did he break it, SDL?! Must have had some WACK speed.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
We weren't just sledging, we took a skateboard without wheels, and put footstraps on it, aswell. He went down at some speed, was obvious he was going to hurt himself. The twat didn't put the footstraps on properly, and hit a little divot coming out of the snow, went absolutely FLYING. Was brilliant to watch, really wish I video'd it.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
been using a friends bodyboard to sledge, It's been great. I was ment to be working from home but have failed to do very little so looks like sunday will be used to catch up

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
The Australian cricket team are the world's best sledgers IMHO, but when they get given some back they simply cannot take it - cocksure wankers....

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Will wear a pair of Doc Martens tomorrow,

Worked a treat, I was steaming back up the hills today.

Whole body is hurting, I'm secretly glad I'm back to work tomorrow.:wink:

Step on.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Just got back from clayton hill, cracking fun and had a couple of beers in the pub at the bottom of the hill. Injured my thumb but could've been much worse, nearly took a wooden sledge in the head a couple of times

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here