Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade the fans choise

Apr 17, 2009
Rural East Sussex
If it all goes wrong next season, which I doubt will be the case, will we all be demanding Slade's head on a plate before Christmas? Would we be left with EGG on our faces!!

Last edited:

Ipswich_Seagull

The Ipswich Seagull
Apr 6, 2009
Ipswich, Suffolk
Managers are judged on results, so if it all goes wrong then it would not be a surprise to see a change.

However, if RS can motivate the team the way he did to get BHA out of the mire this season then anything is possible. Let's be honest, we were all resigned to League 2 when he took over.

So it's job done so far for RS but I'm sure he's well aware he has to keep the momentum going next term.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If it all goes wrong next season, which I doubt will be the case, will we all be demanding Slade's head on a plate before Christmas?
Yes. We ought to take bets on when the first thread appears saying something like "I thought Slade was the right man but I was wrong." It will probably be when we go four or five games without a win and it will probably be made by someone who currently says they'll be happy with mid-table or play-off contention next season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
At least he's being given the chance to show what he can do over the course of a full season. That's all we can ask really. Oh, and the play-offs.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Considering he got us out the shit without any of "his" players - maybe with the exception of Dicker...picking his best 11 in their preferred positions, sticking to it and getting them to play as a team...

...imagine what he could do with some that he probably wants to sign!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Considering he got us out the shit without any of "his" players - maybe with the exception of Dicker...picking his best 11 in their preferred positions, sticking to it and getting them to play as a team...

...imagine what he could do with some that he probably wants to sign!

Quite, if we do as well as we did in the last 6 games throughout the season we'll get roughly 100 points.:clap2:

Not that I'm getting carried away or anything.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd be surprised to see Slade make anything like the level of f*** up that Adams managed. We've got a few good players here and I'd like to think Slade can get the best out of some of them.

What I like about Slade is his "half glass full", and honest persona when he's being interviewed. It's the sort of personality that will be really beneficial when the chips are down. For example, I'd back Slade to coax Murray back into scoring form after a barren run, or to back Dean Cox to start making vital contributions when the crowd is quick to get on his back. That sort of thing.

Football at this level is partly about confidence - Slade can instill that in a team because he has positive vibes in SPADES.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Football at this level is partly about confidence - Slade can instill that in a team because he has positive vibes in SPADES.

Slade's positive vibes extend to the fans also. In the last wretched days of the Adams era, who would have credited that we'd all be leaving Withdean after the last game of the season in a state of near-euphoria. Beggars belief really. An utterly astounding turnaround, and one which has just saved the Falmer business plan to boot. And all down to Slade. Hail to The Egg Man! :bowdown:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
As far as I was concerned with Adams, the game was up very early on, from the minute he would start defending what had very obviously been a SHITE performance. Simply inexcusable. Slade is, IMHO, simply not capable of that level of self-delusion.

By simply having a brutally honest approach and by being an excellent communicator with the players, Slade has brought out of them what they always had. The more I think about it, the weirder the whole Adams' episode seems.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
By simply having a brutally honest approach and by being an excellent communicator with the players, Slade has brought out of them what they always had. The more I think about it, the weirder the whole Adams' episode seems.
The funny thing is that some of us saw the Adams appointment as a disaster waiting to happen as soon as he was brought in. However, it is only the appointment of Slade that has made me realise that perhaps Wilkins wasn't the right man for the job either.

Slade has a good, recent track record, he's brought in some excellent loan signings, and he comes across as highly professional and positive. Better than Wilkins and Adams put together!

The funny thing is that some of us saw the Adams appointment as a disaster waiting to happen as soon as he was brought in. However, it is only the appointment of Slade that has made me realise that perhaps Wilkins wasn't the right man for the job either.

Slade has a good, recent track record, he's brought in some excellent loan signings, and he comes across as highly professional and positive. Better than Wilkins and Adams put together!

In defence of Wilkins, he was growing into his first first-team management job - I think there should be allowances made for that fact. Not everyone approved of his tactics or management, but for his first full season.... 'the table didn't lie'. He couldn't work with the board (or vice-versa), and keep the players happy at the same time.

Slade has done enough to keep this job. He speaks with authority and exactitude about his work as reflected on the pitch, which hasn't been heard here for a long while.
For me, his reflections on the games have shown a perspective of reality with his profession - and I want to hear that from our manager.

We get to hear on MOTD from Prem managers, and their perspectives - and I think we can often tell when someone doesn't quite have a handle on what they're doing.
The bottom line though, is with the proof in the results here. We stayed up, barely, and in the final hour!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here