Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade targets ten points to survive

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yes, assuming the team 4th from bottom only gets 48.

All this talk of 'we need 10 points to survive' is bollocks. The only target that matters is to score one more point than the team 4th from bottom, quantifying it like that just puts un-necessary pressure on the players, and doesn't actually guarantee anything even if they do achieve the 'magic' number.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I want 52 as I think that'll almost gurantee our place in league 1. Don't think it's going to happen unless we build up some momentum which is what you need in this league

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think he's got that wrong. And even if he hasn't, surely you add a couple on anyway if you' re stating a safety target. I think we need at least 51.

Anyway, what's wrong with a bit of pressure on the players, they've been pissing around all season. Maybe if some of them had realised a bit earlier careers and salaries were on the line, they might have got their finger out.

I think he's got that wrong. And even if he hasn't, surely you add a couple on anyway if you' re stating a safety target. I think we need at least 51.

Anyway, what's wrong with a bit of pressure on the players, they've been pissing around all season. Maybe if some of them had realised a bit earlier careers and salaries were on the line, they might have got their finger out.

Agree. They need pressure to perform. When i am under the most pressure when i play my sports i tend to perform better so they need to be shitting themselves going into these games.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
He should target 3 points from the next game. Then 3 points from every game after that. Saying we only need 10 from the last six games is saying we can afford to lose games and at the moment that is simply not the case.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
He should target 3 points from the next game. Then 3 points from every game after that. Saying we only need 10 from the last six games is saying we can afford to lose games and at the moment that is simply not the case.

Exactly. They must realise that every game is basically a must win. I think we need 12 points to survive.

D

Deleted member 2719

I think he trying to give the players an achievable target and not one that their confidence level at present won't accept.

Yeah why not 10 points i will be happy with.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
49 maybe enough to keep us up but lets not rely on that being so lets go for a maximum 3 points from every game and be sure.
I have always thought it was possible if we played with a bit of passion and to the ability I know the players have
till I die

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
With all the bottom teams playing each other 49 points could well be enough.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
*If* we win every game (which should be the target) then we will stay up...

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
*If* we win every game (which should be the target) then we will stay up...

Yes,the BBC which NEVER,EVER lies shows our 57 points keeps us up............easily.(PS,if your predictions see us relegated,go back and change them,et voila!....with one bound we are free)!!

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Forty nine points enough? Fair chance, I'd have thought. Anyway, if someone offered us 49 points now, stay up or not, I'd settle for that!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
İbrahim Tatlıses;2888059 said:
I hate this bollocks about "setting targets".

We should be looking to win EVERY game as if its a cup final.

.....targets are not a good idea. Especially when Craig Davies is involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here