Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky News report Zimbabwe.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Sky news at five were running news reports on Zimbabwe,with the economy almost wiped-out,the dollar worthless the report featured Zimbabweans using their bare hands to pull-out roots to eat,surely the tipping point can't be far away ? :shrug: :angry:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Sky news at five were running news reports on Zimbabwe,with the economy almost wiped-out,the dollar worthless the report featured Zimbabweans using their bare hands to pull-out roots to eat,surely the tipping point can't be far away ? :shrug: :angry:

The Zimbo dollar makes the pound look like a stable and worthwhile Global currency. That :censored:ing idiot in Downing street busy saving the world currencies whilst we get our arses kicked. I fkg h8 the :censored:ker

gjh1971

May 7, 2007

Are you sure this wasnt a report on the UK?

Hopefully there will be a revolution - neighbouring countries are scared of Mugabe.
Looking at history ... there are very, very few examples of revolutions undertaken by people who are so desperately poor that they are eating roots.

If Mugabe is going to be overthrown by anyone, it is far more likely to be disaffected army officers who make the first move.

Looking at history ... there are very, very few examples of revolutions undertaken by people who are so desperately poor that they are eating roots.
If Mugabe is going to be overthrown by anyone, it is far more likely to be disaffected army officers who make the first move.

Yes, I meant a "coup". I don't think a grassroots uprising would be possible given how Mugabe's thugs are entrenched in most of the communites. I am amazed mass starvation has not yet arrived considering the farms have been decimated and there is little hard currency to pay for imports.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
We should storm in with the US and sort the fucker out. We did it in Iraq on a dubious cause, yet Mugabe gets away with murder time and time again.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
We should storm in with the US and sort the fucker out. We did it in Iraq on a dubious cause, yet Mugabe gets away with murder time and time again.

No oil to protect

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

White men can no longer invade African countries is the simple answer, given our history there. I doubt it would happen even if there was oil in Zimbabwe. The African countries, in particular South Africa, should be sorting this out. Shame on them.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
The Zimbo dollar makes the pound look like a stable and worthwhile Global currency. That :censored:ing idiot in Downing street busy saving the world currencies whilst we get our arses kicked. I fkg h8 the :censored:ker

I'm honestly not sure what the Hell you're talking about. A thread about how Zimbabwe (and it's dollar) is falling apart, and you're posting about the world currencies being saved?

Are you on the same planet as the rest of us?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
The African countries, in particular South Africa, should be sorting this out. Shame on them.

Correct. But I really don't think it will ever happen; as posted above, Zimbabwe's own army will move before South Africa does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here