Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky burial - OMG

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned already and apols if it has.

No it's not a new Sky series - twas on Human Planet last night and the 'method' of burial for Buddists who live high up in the Himalayas.

Now if you've not eaten lunch yet probably best to look away - NOW...

Actually no pictures but basically the deceased is taken further up the mountain and the 'undertaker' starts to disect the body into small pieces and feed it to the local eagle and other large bird population. He needs a large whiskey before each burial and I'm not surprised.

Think I'll stick with a cremation or 6 foot under burial thank you very much.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
That this week, and the women that breast feed monkeys last week has disturbed me somewhat. but it is a brilliant series.

I just though they would take the body up and the eagles would eat the corpse, then when the axe came out, it almost made me gag

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Just watched that on BBCi

Even though the people are Buddhists, it has to be a non-Buddhist to perform the ceremony.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
What occurred to me watching the sky burial is surely someone needs to take over the job at some time, so how does he get himself an apprentice?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That this week, and the women that breast feed monkeys last week has disturbed me somewhat. but it is a brilliant series.

I just though they would take the body up and the eagles would eat the corpse, then when the axe came out, it almost made me gag

Breastfeeding monkeys ? Dont tell DannySeagull about that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here