Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Six Brighton Players hand in transfer requests...

Shankly Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Littlehampton
Was the heading of an article I found on the internet...

Apparently in the early 90's when Albion proposed a kit with stripy shorts six players threw wobblers and said they weren't having it and banging in requests to transfer.

Anyone know if there is any truth in it?:ohmy:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:lolol: first i've heard of it , but i bet Kuipers , Roberts & May have the right knock about the pink GK shirt

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I remeber the kit it was when Barry Lloyd was manager and we had that horribleb red and white kit that looked like a pink kit can't remember the bit about players asking fior a transfer.

We didnt get the blue and white striped shorts the plan was dropped perhaps that was the reason.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
BensGrandad said:
I remeber the kit it was when Barry Lloyd was manager and we had that horribleb red and white kit that looked like a pink kit can't remember the bit about players asking fior a transfer.

We didnt get the blue and white striped shorts the plan was dropped perhaps that was the reason.

Sorry but I distinctly remember the boys playing in the blue and white striped shorts. Like a bleedin pantomime it was!!!

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
We played in the blue & white shorts during seasons 1991-1992 and 1992-1993. You'd make a fair bit if you sold a pair of those shorts on eBay. The demand for late 80's and early 90's stuff is growing!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I still have a pair of those blue and white striped shorts. I often wear them in bed.

Mmmm....silky.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I remember those blue and white shorts. Opposing fans and players said it was like playing against a set of deckchairs, or may favorite: "It was like playing eleven Andy Pandys on acid"

Perry Milkins said:
Sorry but I distinctly remember the boys playing in the blue and white striped shorts. Like a bleedin pantomime it was!!!
Anyone remember the game when Perry Digweed was wearing black tracksuit bottoms and the ref insisted he put a pair of striped shorts over them?

When he refused, he got a yellow card.

He then gave into the ref's request and ended up looking ridiculous in a green shirt and both sets of legwear.

:lolol:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175

U

um bongo molongo

Tesco carrier bags at home, chewit wrappers away is how I remember it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here