Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SIX A SIDE LEAGUE - urgent news - Look Team Mad

Simon

Jul 5, 2003
SIX A SIDE LEAGUE UPDATE.

VERY URGENT PLEASE READ.

Unfortunately folks, the Seagulls World side are no longer able to compete in this competition due to lack of players available.

Now that the football season is back, Sundays are difficult for them, and they have been forced to pull out of this Sunday due to other commitments, and after a long chat with Paul, it was agreed that as we are half way through our 'season', and we have all played each other once already, it would only be fair to all the other teams if they pulled out of the league because future Sundays are also looking difficult for them.

THEREFORE...........................

For the second half of our season...............

I cannot just remove them from the league because the results of the matches so far have to stand to be fair to all, so here is what will happen.........

For each of the final five rounds of matches, the team that is due to play Seagulls World will automatically receive a 1-0 win.

The result will be entered as normal as a 1-0 win for the opposition and the league will continue as it is.

This Sunday, the 17th August, it is TEAM MAD who are due to play Seagulls World, so they will WIN 1-0 this week.

Obviously, they have no actual opposition to play, so I will cancel the third pitch each time, so there is no need for any payment on your team's 'bye' week.

BOTH THE OTHER GAMES GO AHEAD AS PLANED!

BHAFC.NET v Brightonfans.com
and
North Stand Chat v Albion Travel

are both ON!

The result of Team Mad v Seagulls World will be a 1-0 to Team Mad.

Team Mad DO NOT NEED TO TURN UP ON SUNDAY
(although they can come along if they want)

I hope you all feel that this is the fairest way of continuing things, but if you have any other ideas then speak now!

Obviously for next season, we will be looking for new teams to join the league, so if any Albion fan feels he can raise a team and commit to 10 Sundays each year then let us know.

Simon

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Oh bollox :(

I was really looking forward to Sunday.

Si if anyone has an intrest in playing next season I'm deffinatly up for a friendly this sunday although it's probably to late for that.

Simon

Jul 5, 2003
Turkey said:

Si if anyone has an intrest in playing next season I'm deffinatly up for a friendly this sunday although it's probably to late for that.

Funny you should say that.........

I have not yet cancelled the third pitch for Sunday, so I will hold off for a couple of days and in the meantime, you see if you can get another six lads to play a friendly against. (i will need dues though if we use the third pitch)

Let me know by Friday......

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
You wouldn't have one anyway beef. Aunts taken the car to germany now.

I can't see any of us going now. Lazy :censored:s

I would have got up there somehow.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
This is annoying. Ive lost half my drinking mates!

I was going to suggest to Team Bad that they a friendly against one of my other teams next week...but it cant happen this sunday.

I reckon we can get 6 lads to play them in a friendly.

Has anyone told Brunning its off?

afc womble

Jul 5, 2003
Beefy said:
If Team Mad aren't playing,it means I haven't got a lift up there on Sunday. :ohmy:

:ohmy: no we cant play without 5times a beefy!!

we're without glynn too this sunday, crap.

have to rely on some expert management from fatboy ???

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
afc womble said:
:ohmy: no we cant play without 5times a beefy!!

we're without glynn too this sunday, crap.

have to rely on some expert management from fatboy ???

I haven't got time!

I've only just managed to get back on the net and I'm trying to sort my computers out!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here