• No

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • It's a wind up

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Will Southampton take him on? If they do, is it possible that he could switch from rugby to football and make a success of it. I know it sounds like fantasy but I really hope it happens. If it all goes wrong, what the hell , it's not my team being made to look like mugs :ohmy:

Will be fun watching it all unfold though

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Perhaps Southampton are switching from Football to Rugby?

:nono:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i cant believe this is anymore than a follow on from some quip Lineker made on MotD... IF it does transpire to have any truth, i for one will be emailling him to jest that we are going up this season. :jester:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
beorhthelm said:
i cant believe this is anymore than a follow on from some quip Lineker made on MotD... IF it does transpire to have any truth, i for one will be emailling him to jest that we are going up this season. :jester:

Well he announced his retirement as English rugby coach today so he's entering into the spirit of Lineker's little gag

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
yeah maybe hes always been into football anyhows worth a go isn't it he did fine with the ruggers

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I think he should go to Saints, then we can all laugh as he realises how out of his depth he actually is, and Rupert Lowe looks even more of a dick than he does now.

As if anyone even cares about the rugby world cup anyway....

*prepares to run*

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
It is definately more than Lineker's quip as

a) He has resigned as England Rugby coach

b) Rupert Lowe has publicly discussed his possible involvement in Southampton

Personally I think it will be a good move for Saints as Woodward himself has stated his passion for Football is far greater than it ever was for Rugby.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Bloody Joke in my book, I cant believe they are considering such a move.

Perhaps Bobby Robson will take over the England Rugby Side !
:lolol: :lolol:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
All the comments coming from Southampton, and his appearance in the stand at the Chelsea game seem to me to make this a nailed-on certainty, that he's gonna have a go at coaching Southampton :angel:

I don't think, IMHO, its that difficult to coach a football team after coaching a rugby team, as at the end of the day you're just trying to score more than your opponents :bounce:

Hold on - news story coming through on the wires now:

Rupert Lowe appoints Matt le Tissier as Southampton's fitness and conditioning coach :ohmy:

Oct 9, 2003
I work in southampton and it seems that he is going to join the club in some kind of consultancy role...not sure why....personally think its a bit of a PR stunt to aid southamptons flagging reputation

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Woodward's in the Evening Standard tonight, spouting some bolleaux about how he never did like the egg-chasing game anyway, he's always preferred football and how he was distraught they didnt play it at his school blahblahblah yadayada.

Wot a Grade-A :tosser:

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
next southampton will be signing johny wilkinson

Kev the Ape

just wot my mum said scott lol. they would be kicking the ball over the bar!!! southamptons fan will be singing swing low sweet chariot. rupert lowe making southampton a laughing stock i am glad we aint got him in charge of our club.

southampton rfc :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here