Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Bobby To Quit?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Sir Bobby Robson was so upset by newspaper criticism of Carl Cort that he threatened to quit Newcastle if the 'club insider' quoted was not sought out and dismissed.

An article claimed Wolves-bound Cort was dubbed 'The Invisible Man' during his injury-plagued time at St James' Park.

Robson told the Sunday Mirror: "I will definitely speak to the chairman. I don't see why a club insider should be able to do things like that.

"I feel so angry about the situation. I'm livid about it. I'm going to see him about it. I will tell him how unhappy I am about this affair and the wording that was used about Carl Cort.

"He should really investigate where these sort of statements come from. If it is a club insider those statements are unacceptable.

"When I see the chairman I will tell him, 'Find the club insider and sack him! If you don't, I am going!' That's how bad I feel about that story."

Cort managed just 25 appearances and eight goals for the Magpies following his £7million move to St James' Park in July 2000.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yeah but he was their equivalent of a "Paul Kitson" - complete sicknote so what's the problem ?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Ooooh, get her! Perhaps a bit sensitive about a £7.5million signing thats played about 25 games in four years? Everyone makes mistakes, Bobby.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Wasn't Cort's wife arrested for something and tried to tell the cops "Don't you know who I am" or something?

Apologies, Mrs Cort, for libelling you slightly if this isn't the case.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Wasn't Cort's wife arrested for something and tried to tell the cops "Don't you know who I am" or something?

Apologies, Mrs Cort, for libelling you slightly if this isn't the case.

Libelling slightly? I'll remember that one the next time I get the dreaded solicitor's letter.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here