Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Singing section at Birmingham

derek furlong

Mar 16, 2007
worthing
If its important enough for Birmingham to officially acknowledge the relevance of nominating a singing section at St Andrews, i hope its given the same sort of priority at Falmer.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
is this an area where they turn a blind eye to standing?? seems alot of prem clubs turn a blind eye -watching motd clubs (everton to name one) seem to have fans constantly standing in some areas.

As you go through life,
It's a long long road,
There be joys and sorrows too.
As we journey on,
We will sing this song,
For the boys in royal blue,
Oh we are partisan, la, la, la,
We will journey on, la, la, la,
Keep right on to the end of the road,
Keep right on to the end,
Though the way be long,
Let your hearts be strong,
Though your tired and weary,
Still journey on,
Till you come to your happy abode,
Where all the love you've been dreaming of,
Will be there (where?),
At the end of the road.

Birmingham! Birmingham!

derek furlong

Mar 16, 2007
worthing
Well that killed that thread,stone dead.Personally i fookin hate Birmingham as much as the likes of Leeds,strangely enough for roughly the same reasons.They have a higher than average percentage of overly violent supporters,who when they came to Brighton on several occasions,were obnoxious twats.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As you go through life,
It's a long long road,
There be joys and sorrows too.
As we journey on,
We will sing this song,
For the boys in royal blue,
Oh we are partisan, la, la, la,
We will journey on, la, la, la,
Keep right on to the end of the road,
Though the way be long,
Let your hearts be strong,
Though your tired and weary,
Still journey on,
Till you come to your happy abode,
Where all the love you've been dreaming of,
Will be there (where?),
At the end of the road.

Birmingham! Birmingham!

I love that song and by rights Junior should support the Blues as he is born and bred there :lolol::lolol::lolol:

He hates to be reminded as well - keep right on to the end of the road

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...another worthy of a mention is the Eton boating song, sung by Coventry.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
problem is , singing sections tend to attract numpties (see H block). It's good in that respect that it will take all the goons in one area and leave the real vocal support to go elsewhere

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
problem is , singing sections tend to attract numpties (see H block). It's good in that respect that it will take all the goons in one area and leave the real vocal support to go elsewhere

Like everybody sings other than Block H.. :rolleyes:

derek furlong

Mar 16, 2007
worthing
Since i was banned for an act of inethical abuse towards Ian Dowie,that for once wasnt me,what little atmosphere that was there ,went off a cliff edge.
Therefore any song that is sung by the whole stand with Gusto,will do.My favourites being ,Hey Jude[B'ton Stylee],Blaydon Races and every Anti-Palace song on earth.

Jan 30, 2008
i can second the fact that a large percentage of H block are "numpties" based on the unfortunate occasions that ive been seated around that area

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
H block is the dilemma for Albion fans.

Do you want so sit with LOTS of goons and have an atmosphere, or sit with less goons and NO atmosphere?

Jan 30, 2008
Well that killed that thread,stone dead.Personally i fookin hate Birmingham as much as the likes of Leeds,strangely enough for roughly the same reasons.They have a higher than average percentage of overly violent supporters,who when they came to Brighton on several occasions,were obnoxious twats.
errrrrrrrrr zulu's ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Zulu Dawn and a very nasty bunch as well, we "bumped" into them at Euston a fair few years ago and they won hands down.

Jan 30, 2008
Zulu Dawn and a very nasty bunch as well, we "bumped" into them at Euston a fair few years ago and they won hands down.
i had the pleasure of travelling back to lewes on the train with a load of them after it all kicked off after the game outside the west stand and at hove station, nice

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
i had the pleasure of travelling back to lewes on the train with a load of them after it all kicked off after the game outside the west stand and at hove station, nice

i remember that one , we had a great journey back up the A23 to H/heath

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here