Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

singing at Millwall

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
can somebody explain the benefit of chanting "We Want Falmer", etc, etc, during open play? How is this supposed to inspire the players?

also, why sing "worst support we've ever seen" at every away match? I can't believe there's a worse/quieter home support in this division than us.

and why suck up to Millwall with "stand up if you hate Palace"

who do we think we are?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
timbha said:

also, why sing "worst support we've ever seen" at every away match? I can't believe there's a worse/quieter home support in this division than us.

right from the top

reading , wigan , watford, gillingham......

at least SOME of our fans attempt to make an attmosphere

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
off the record i think Millwall had a good support yesterday , pissing myself laughing when they starting singing "coming down to the den" though :lolol:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
fair point B7, but let's go for a motivating atmosphere rather than a protest/love in.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
timbha said:

Agreed

People in our end were looking over to Millwall, positively creaming themselves that "big bad Millwall" were going to be united with them in dislike of Palace

And don't even get me started on the Liverpool chants, anyone who sang those songs are f***ing knobs in my eyes, absolute disgrace......we're Brighton, not Liverpool :nono:

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Re: Re: singing at Millwall

Dancin Ninja BHA said:
And don't even get me started on the Liverpool chants, anyone who sang those songs are f***ing knobs in my eyes, absolute disgrace......we're Brighton, not Liverpool

Interesting. What was that all about then?

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Re: singing at Millwall

The Laughing Bluebird said:
Interesting. What was that all about then?

Evening LB :wave:

Not interesting at all unfortunately

Our misguided fans thought they would "wind up" Millwall by chanting Liverpool songs (because Liverpool dumped them out of the League Cup), but it was f***ing embarrassing :nono:

Plus Millwall just thought we were bigger knobs for singing Liverpool songs and I can't argue with their assumptions, some right retards in our section yesterday (but fair play to the bloke in the pink shirt, took your abuse from Millwall "yoof" in good spirit ;) )

Dancin Ninja BHA said:
People in our end were looking over to Millwall, positively creaming themselves that "big bad Millwall" were going to be united with them in dislike of Palace

And don't even get me started on the Liverpool chants, anyone who sang those songs are f***ing knobs in my eyes, absolute disgrace......we're Brighton, not Liverpool :nono:

What DO you want, then? Not to have a love in, fair enough. But also not to wind the opposition up?

Me confused.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Evening Mr Ninja, sir.

I saw one of the funniest things I've seen at the football in a long time when we went to Millwall in October. In the bottom right-hand corner of the stand to our right there was a group of about 20 or 30 Millwall nutters who were giving it plenty. Nothing unusual about that, except that there was a big fat tosser in the middle of them who spent much of his time during the first half consuming an enormous pizza when he wasn't screaming abuse at us.

How did he get that in the stadium? Surely he didn't phone out for it and have it delivered?

:lolol:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Re: singing at Millwall

Safeway said:
What DO you want, then? Not to have a love in, fair enough. But also not to wind the opposition up?

Singing Liverpool songs to Millwall does not qualify as a "wind up", its just mugs us off and makes us look/sound like divs

Liverpool mean nothing to Millwall, singing songs about Hillsborough qualifies as a "wind up" (albeit in horrendous bad taste which I'm not condoning before someone gets on my case ;) ) and had the desired effect as Liverpool fans went a bit loopy

Anyone who sang a Liverpool song saturday should hang their head in shame :nono:

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003

Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Agreed

:clap: :clap: :clap: Couldn't agree more.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
That bloke in the pink shirt was the one and only SuperPhil!

I liked the "Do they know it's Christmas time" song

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I mentioned to my mates "We seem to be singing the anti-palace songs more than usual, are we trying to ingratiate ourselves with Millwall?"

Having said that we went on to sing the Anti-pikey songs which is not racist (imho).

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
timbha said:
can somebody explain the benefit of chanting "We Want Falmer", etc, etc, during open play? How is this supposed to inspire the players?

who do we think we are?
Well said timbha.
I like watching the football and vocally getting behind my team.
Why is there an obsession with winding up the opponents since all seaters came in? Is it because there's less fighting? I don't know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here