Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Singers that give you goosebumps

DessieBoy

Sep 25, 2003
Can't disagree with Beth Gibbons, Harriett Wheeler, Mary Margaret O'Hara and Alison Goldfrapp.

Excellent

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Hmmmmm... Alison Goldfrapp, Beth Gibbons and me........

??? :drool: :p :kiss: :goal:

Noisy but beautiful!!

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Jane Siberry-Map of the World Part 2
Rush-Spirit of Radio...(God bless CFNY 102.1)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
When McCartney sang "Let it Be" at Live Aid in 1985 that was awesome - it kind of rolled back a lifetime for me.

Another great track is Bono singing on "Elvis Presley and America" superb vocals.

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
Beach Hut said:
When McCartney sang "Let it Be" at Live Aid in 1985 that was awesome - it kind of rolled back a lifetime for me.

Another great track is Bono singing on "Elvis Presley and America" superb vocals.
Didnt he have a whole lot of trouble singing that though? I remember the microphone not working for the first half of the song.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Gullet said:
Didnt he have a whole lot of trouble singing that though? I remember the microphone not working for the first half of the song.

Yes sadly he did, however, when repeated Live Aid highlights were on Old Grey Whistle on New Year's Eve that year they had linked it to how it should have been - it really was a very defining moment in pop culture IMHO

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
Beach Hut said:
Yes sadly he did, however, when repeated Live Aid highlights were on Old Grey Whistle on New Year's Eve that year they had linked it to how it should have been - it really was a very defining moment in pop culture IMHO
Understand you now mate. Sadly I've never seen that OGWT version, but apparently the whole Live Aid concert is finally being released on DVD this year, so hopefully the uninterupted version will be on that.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Gullet said:
Understand you now mate. Sadly I've never seen that OGWT version, but apparently the whole Live Aid concert is finally being released on DVD this year, so hopefully the uninterupted version will be on that.

Really - when that it fantastic news.

One of the reasons for the lack of repeats was because it was so unique that everyone waived copyright providing hardly ever repeated.

I urge anyone into music to buy this it was a unique unforgettable day and will never be repeated ever again.

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
Beach Hut said:
Really - when that it fantastic news.

One of the reasons for the lack of repeats was because it was so unique that everyone waived copyright providing hardly ever repeated.

I urge anyone into music to buy this it was a unique unforgettable day and will never be repeated ever again.
Just to let you know, this information was given out on the Radio 1 News about a month ago. No date set as yet but the Xmas market is favourite. 2 disc set including both the British + US concerts.
Apparently its because Geldof has discovered that there are bootleg versions being sold on the internet somewhere, and he would rather see that money going towards feeding the starving, which obviously it will do if sold legally. He always said that he would never release it, but now for this reason and for this reason only he has agreed. As you said, gret news for us.
I'll buy it if only to see again Queens unforgettable performance which took the day by storm.
Happy to see I've given you something to get so excited about.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Kate Bush - The Man With The Child in his Eyes
Bad Company - I can't get enough of your love
Free - Alright Now
Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
Bruce Springsteen - The River
Abba - Eagle
Just about everything by Runrig and Capercaillie - very haunting.
Marillion - Script for a Jesters Tear. A song so full of angst. The rest of the album is fantastic too. Forget Kayleigh and the schmaltz that came later. This album is great and can be got for about a fiver.

God I'm showing my age aren't I

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
A bit corny, but am currently enjoying swooning to a few of Glen Campbell's lovelorn epics like Any Which Way You Can, Everything A Man Could Ever Need and Honey Come Back.
Maybe not the hippest, trendiest cuts out there in this cerrrrrazy rock world, but tingly anyway.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I have had goosebumps a couple of times and that is when I take a moment out and listen to the Brighton fans around me singing Super Brighton from the South!!! and various other classics (Not at the Withdean!!):lolol:

Freddy Mercury-Anything he sang
Pavarotti-Nessun Dorma
Guns and Roses-November Rain
Nivarna-Smells like teen spirit
REM-Everyone Hurts

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
SussexSpur said:
A bit corny, but am currently enjoying swooning to a few of Glen Campbell's lovelorn epics like Any Which Way You Can, Everything A Man Could Ever Need and Honey Come Back.
Maybe not the hippest, trendiest cuts out there in this cerrrrrazy rock world, but tingly anyway.
His version of Wichita Lineman is excellent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here