Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Singers that give you goosebumps

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Yeah, I don't think he does it justice though unfortunately.

However that song "Hurt" by Jonny Cash thats been out lately is f***ing ace, even if it was originally written by the shitty Nine Inch Nails.

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
Picture17.jpg

Chester Bennington - Linkin Park

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
jonnyboylennon said:
I dont think anyone could have done that tune justice really, although Johnny has a good stab at it.

I cant believe you stolen my little 'educated....foot' moniker!

Mind you, if anyone was to have it, I'd want it to be you.... X

I wanted to put "Educated Right Foot, Illiterate Left" but there wasn't space.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Gram Parsons on the Flying Burrito Brothers' "Hot Burrito #1"

Dusty Springfield, "I Close My Eyes And Count To Ten"

John Lennon on the final part of "God"

Joe Pernice on The Pernice Brothers' "Wait To Stop"

Emmylou Harris on pretty much anything

for starters!

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Barnet Seagull said:
Delirium ft Sarah McClachlan - Silence.
(Live)

Don't know that song but impressed by recent hearings of Sarah Mclachlan - Fallen, and her Beatles cover Blackbird on the I Am Sam soundtrack.

Which part of Barnet? Am a Finchley lad, formerly of the, er, famous QE in the Chipping edge of the borough. . .

Last edited:

Yoda

English & European
Bryan Adams - Run To You.

But something that sends a bigger chill down my spine is hearing Jonathon Pearce sceaming out Storer's name on the radio for the last game at the Goldstone.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
"Moments" by The Kinks - Ray Davies a genius songwriter but not the most versatile singer (and a Gooner to boot) - but oh, what a beautiful song. Even more so than Waterloo Sunset.
One of those tunes I can programme my CD player to play over and over and over without even getting slightly, guiltily, bored of it.
Never mind the fact it's on the soundtrack album to a crappy Seventies "comedy" about Hywel Bennett getting a penis transplant, it really is a beautiful song.

Jul 5, 2003
Karen Carpenter - any song - she just had the greatest singing voice ever. Such a pity that she felt so insecure. Obviously some songs are better than others but I just have to hear that voice and my legs turn to jelly.

Also....... Freddie Mercury - what a tragic waste - people said that Queen were on their way out but when you hear some of his final songs the words are just so poignant. Songs like These Are the Days of our Lives, I'm Going Slightly Mad and Too Much Love Will Kill You are Freddie classics.

Then there's Rick Davies of Supertramp great voice but it's probably the memories as well............

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
SSpur

Emmylou Harris fan eh?

Did you see her last concert at the Dome ( 1979ish) Her set was so fantastic that when she finished, the cheers were so loud and continuous, that she was overwhelmed and couldn't do an encore!!

Her band were mostly Englisg guys who had formed in teh US.

Luxury Liner..classic album.

Here there and everywhere, by Lennon and McCartney her best.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Unfortunately not Dave, not seen her live.
Amazing how good her last few albums have been, though - real new lease of life.
Find her a great vocalist on her own, but the perfect backing singer too - not to downgrade her by any means, but adds so much to, say, songs by the likes of Ryan Adams, Slaid Cleaves, Neil Young, Lucinda Williams, obviously Gram Parsons, etc, sounding like she's hardly trying too!

Queen of country and so much more.
Her duets with Gram Parsons are heartbreaking. Love the more swaggering likes of Two More Bottles Of Wine and You Never Can Tell, too. . .

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Good thread Lush!

Not in order of preference

and just for starters:

Marianne Faithful-Ballad of Lucy Jordan
Meatloaf-Paradise by the dashboard light
Lucinda Williams-Righteously
Roxy Music-Avalon
Nat 'King' Cole-Mona Lisa
Frankie-Theme from New York, New York

Damn...there's hundreds do it for me!

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
Fran fom Travis gave me loads of goosebumps tonight....waaaaaaayy All I wanna do is ROCK! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here