Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Signing a Villan....

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Wayne Henderson is poised to join Brighton permanently from Aston Villa for a fee of £30,000. Henderson made a great impression on his loan spell and was one of the heroes to down the Eagles.

Aston Villa reportedly turned down a previous offer of £10k and boxes of 200,000 plastic forks.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
In the Argus this morning. I saw a report on SSN that we had an initial approach turned down. I assume this is a new offer.

It is on the back page left hand column.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Excellent signing for 30k. He's got time on his side and already looks like a great keeper.

Nice.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
My source at the club :jester: told me the wrong amount. Now edited. At least we know what is happening to all our forks!

I still can't believe that Villa would let us have him for £30k, assuming we can pull this transfer off.....Is David O'Leary stupid???

Thank god Reading have just signed Stack permanently.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Excellent signing for 30k. He's got time on his side and already looks like a great keeper.

Nice.

your sounding like my mum today. What with 'shame' on the leon thred, 'nice' on here.:ohmy:

Next you'll be saying that Jake looks like a nice boy and asking anyone if they want tea...:)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I thought the Withdean stewards had banned forks.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I took a fork to eat my balti pie with at Villa on New Years Eve, but then ate it with my fingers, I think we may need to up the quantity of forks to seal the deal. If I had known the details of the transfer I would have taken a pocket full to have added a little urgency to the transaction.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...and I have just done the same, I marked my envelope "for forks sake let us have Henderson, we've been waiting far too prong"...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Great news.

At least something good has happened.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I don't think he is that great a keeper. Doesn't command his box, you never hear him, hopefully that will come, but it's not that great a signing right now.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Seagull73 said:
I don't think he is that great a keeper. Doesn't command his box, you never hear him, hopefully that will come, but it's not that great a signing right now.

What are you talking about? His distribution is excellent as is his general stop stopping, ok he dosen't talk as much as FDM but Hendo is the better keeper.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
DAMANCLAY said:
What are you talking about? His distribution is excellent as is his general stop stopping, ok he dosen't talk as much as FDM but Hendo is the better keeper.

Better goalkeeper than Kuipers???? No chance, not yet.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Seagull73 said:
Better goalkeeper than Kuipers???? No chance, not yet.

Debatable but 'pushes' too many shots rather than catch them IMHO neither of them as good as Blaney. His one plus is he gets rid of the ball upfield very quick, faster than either FDM or Blaney.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here