Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Signed copy of We Want Falmer! and Withdean Years DVD arrive in the post

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can you let us know the running time of The Withdean Years DVD, if it states it on the back cover? I think quite a few of us would change our stance on whether to shell out based it being anywhere between 50 mins per disc to 90 mins per disc.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Doesn't say. By the way, does anyone else who got a signed copy of the book know who the other two autographs belong to? (the first 2 being Paul Hodson and Stephen North...)

Well Kuipers, Rogers and Cullip were signing them the other night so I guess its two of those

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'm watching the last of the 3 DVDs now and it's about 55 mins.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
OK, the first DVD is 70 mins, the second is 90 mins and the third is 50 mins. The third also has features 'Withdean Years Dinner' and 'Withdean memories', probably in addition to the 50 mins.

The production is well-crafted, although there is a horrible 'letterbox' around most of the action. I'll try to do a screenshot so you see what I mean.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
OK, the first DVD is 70 mins, the second is 90 mins and the third is 50 mins. The third also has features 'Withdean Years Dinner' and 'Withdean memories', probably in addition to the 50 mins.

The production is well-crafted, although there is a horrible 'letterbox' around most of the action. I'll try to do a screenshot so you see what I mean.

Yes that is un neccessary. Football has been filmed in 16:9 widescreen for at least 10 years. Why does it go back to 4;3????

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I've just finished reading We Want Falmer! - what a terrific read. It really brings back memories (not all of them good!) & some of the contents make you feel like booing your eyes out. A must read for every Albion fan.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The DVD is excellent; I have just finished watching the last disk. There is a good balance between match action, interviews and other content. Not sure about the £30 price tag, but I let it go on the basis that it is a fairly unique item.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yes that is un neccessary. Football has been filmed in 16:9 widescreen for at least 10 years. Why does it go back to 4;3????

It's worse than that....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-12-20 at 16.18.23.png
    Screen Shot 2011-12-20 at 16.18.23.png
    867.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Screen Shot 2011-12-20 at 16.18.45.png
    Screen Shot 2011-12-20 at 16.18.45.png
    844.2 KB · Views: 34

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
[yt]8CPlF-IEkXQ[/yt]

Popped into the club shop today, had a flick through the book. Might have to invest once I've finished Build a Bonfire (I'm a slow reader, alright).

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
BTW - Stadium YES is brill!!!!!!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The DVD is excellent; I have just finished watching the last disk. There is a good balance between match action, interviews and other content. Not sure about the £30 price tag, but I let it go on the basis that it is a fairly unique item.

Quite like the book packaging.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
I've just finished reading We Want Falmer! - what a terrific read. It really brings back memories (not all of them good!) & some of the contents make you feel like booing your eyes out. A must read for every Albion fan.

Can I quote that on twitter? We really need to get the book as much as publicity as possible so the more people can tweet or post on Facebook/other sites about it, would be really helpful.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Thats just SILLY :(

Question. Is it ALL the goals from our time at Withers home and away? Or just home?

It's a summary of each season, looking at key matches, important moments etc, interspersed with players' version of events and features of key moments in the fight for a new stadium.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
is the dvd actually worth getting? at 30 quid it does seem a bit steep unless it's really good

can someone just put it on youtube

:)

It's a good summary and well put together. An excellent souvenir from the Withdean era.
Having said that, for what you get, I'd say it was £10 too expensive.

Just wait until it's discounted in the club shop...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here