Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shut up with the negatives!!!!

Breasts(i-love-em)

Feb 7, 2006
Sussex
To be honest i read a lot about Micky Adams and the team on here and the negatives are very poor.
Lets face it, DK and the other directors are potless, (in the grand scheme of things.... they are no Sir Jack Hayward!) but in control. The players are all doing the best they can at the level they play. The existing stadium isn’t the best and hardly inspires. The new stadium keeps fading away which hardly inspires. The training ground is borrowed, the club lives out of huts, feeds off others scraps and has the budget of most one man bands.
I say
Stop the knocking, start supporting, go to the games and enjoy the fact that the Albion are still here, in Brighton, playing football.
Micky, the team of players, directors and support staff...........Bloody well done. I only wish my Granddad was still here to see it, RIP Bill.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Lets face it, DK and the other directors are potless, (in the grand scheme of things.... they are no Sir Jack Hayward!) but in control. The players are all doing the best they can at the level they play. The existing stadium isn’t the best and hardly inspires. The new stadium keeps fading away which hardly inspires. The training ground is borrowed, the club lives out of huts, feeds off others scraps and has the budget of most one man bands.
I say

Talk about providing people with ammunition!!

I think generally, whatever is said on here, come matchday, everyone gets behind the team and supports them, especially at away games.

Even Stockport, with just under 300 there, we were all pretty vocal and singing right to the death even in a lost cause second half

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Talk about providing people with ammunition!!

I think generally, whatever is said on here, come matchday, everyone gets behind the team and supports them, especially at away games.

Even Stockport, with just under 300 there, we were all pretty vocal and singing right to the death even in a lost cause second half

Why does what he said provide people with ammunition? What of what he said is not true? (Apart from the new stadium which is, at last, coming more into focus!)

I don't think he was criticising the kind of support you are talking about - that's great - just the negative nonsense we read on here.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the bit that is not true is the financial clout of board members - they are not potless, in fact in the case of two of them far from it

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
the bit that is not true is the financial clout of board members - they are not potless, in fact in the case of two of them far from it

Maybe he means potless in terms of what they are willing and/or able to put into the club.

I have no idea what the wealth of individuals is, but would expect that some of them might have assets that cannot be realised into cash to put into the club.

And, of course, each will have limit on what they want to put in regardless of how much they actually have.

Little Rich

Mar 31, 2006
hang on ppl....... lets face the facts, until we get the new ground it will always be a case of just keeping the club alive.

We can never really move forward until then, yes there are going to be times when you just want a moan but deep down you know that the club is doing their best with what they have.

I would rather we continue as we are until the new ground is built instead of going for broke and doing a leeds and end up playing non-league football.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The players are all doing the best they can at the level they play.

No, they're not. You can tell their not by the fact they performed so well against Man City, against Millwall, againts Leicaster and in one or two other games. Yet aren't getting the job done against the "lesser" teams (the herefords, cheltenhams, orients etc.). They can do better, they've shown it, which makes it frustrating that they're not.

The existing stadium isn’t the best and hardly inspires.

Nor is it the worst. Mark Hughes equated it to the quality of stadiums he has played in europe.

Beyond that, it was a fortress for the first few years we played here, suggesting blaming withdean is at best weak.

The new stadium keeps fading away which hardly inspires.

In the past couple of years we've received permission, confirmed permission after a typo, we've had the start of exploratory work, and now we have a start date. A ceremony is being planned and all! This should have given the team a lift, but it didn't.

The training ground is borrowed, the club lives out of huts, feeds off others scraps and has the budget of most one man bands.

According to rumours there's lots of money to be made available in january. The club are adamant that even in this financial environment they can afford a new stadium. I think we're a little better off than a one man band.

(That's not even acknowledging the rumours that occur every so often of "very rich business man wanting to invest in brighton being blocked by dick knight because he doesn't want to give them control" because, really, I'm not convinced)

Stop the knocking, start supporting, go to the games and enjoy the fact that the Albion are still here, in Brighton, playing football.

You say that as if people can't knock and support. When parents tell off their kids, do they stop loving them? No. They want to help their kids grow and develop. That's all the fans want. It hurts the fans that they feel they have to complain, but if they don't, they fear for the club.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
You say that as if people can't knock and support. When parents tell off their kids, do they stop loving them? No. They want to help their kids grow and develop. That's all the fans want. It hurts the fans that they feel they have to complain, but if they don't, they fear for the club.

spot.on.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
There is a micro/macro perspective to consider here isn't there and the heated debate often comes when the two are muddled.

Macro situation
- a lot of clubs who found themselves in our situation post-Archer would be out of business by now. in fact, clubs that were in a far better position are now going out of business. We have permission (at last) for a stadium and apparently have the funds in place. Whatever way you look at it, the board of management of the club have unarguably done amazing work to keep us in business and to force through the permission for the stadium.

Micro Situation - a decent above-expectation finish last season, a young manager sacked without explanation (asking for rampant uninformed argument), raised expectations in the close season, an under-performing side making things worse by alternately appearing to not give a toss and then turning over Prem teams, a manager with a reputation but who is not showing the decisive touches that we all remember from his first spell in charge, flirting with the relegation zone and to cap it all we have another few winters sitting in the cold and wet at Withdean.

If you broadly agree with that then you'll also find the appeals for DK's head to be ridiculous; the appeals for MA's head to be more plausible but hardly constructive; the increasing feeling of frustration with the side and their schizo performances totally understandable.

A bit of perspective one and all - and please God we can tuck away a few point between now and Xmas and that we can pull some master strokes in the window.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
There is a micro/macro perspective to consider here isn't there and the heated debate often comes when the two are muddled.

Macro situation
- a lot of clubs who found themselves in our situation post-Archer would be out of business by now. in fact, clubs that were in a far better position are now going out of business. We have permission (at last) for a stadium and apparently have the funds in place. Whatever way you look at it, the board of management of the club have unarguably done amazing work to keep us in business and to force through the permission for the stadium.

Micro Situation - a decent above-expectation finish last season, a young manager sacked without explanation (asking for rampant uninformed argument), raised expectations in the close season, an under-performing side making things worse by alternately appearing to not give a toss and then turning over Prem teams, a manager with a reputation but who is not showing the decisive touches that we all remember from his first spell in charge, flirting with the relegation zone and to cap it all we have another few winters sitting in the cold and wet at Withdean.

If you broadly agree with that then you'll also find the appeals for DK's head to be ridiculous; the appeals for MA's head to be more plausible but hardly constructive; the increasing feeling of frustration with the side and their schizo performances totally understandable.

A bit of perspective one and all - and please God we can tuck away a few point between now and Xmas and that we can pull some master strokes in the window.

Well said!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Very much so.

[Though I'm not sure shouting SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT, for ten minutes constitutes 'singing'!]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here