Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Women attend football matches?

as far as i am concerned a woman's place is in the home!!!if woman come to football who is going to have the supper ready and waiting for us men folk when we return from the game (via the pub).the house work needs to be done,children in bed,slippers warming by the fire,bath run etc,etc,etc.until women try and behave like first rate women instead of behaving like second rate men, what hope is there for us!!!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
From the news a year or so ago, shows society has grown up and changed with the times;

Women now make up a fifth of all fans attending Premiership football matches - double the proportion a decade ago.

Women now make up a fifth of all fans attending Premiership football matches - double the proportion a decade ago.

An academic study highlights a new phenomenon of mothers and daughters going to football matches together, just as fathers have traditionally taken their sons.

A combination of all-seater stadiums, the decline in hooliganism and the increasing emergence of celebrity footballers such as David Beckham and Thierry Henry has made the game more attractive to female fans. Andthe report shows women enjoy the tribalism and abusive chanting just as much as male fans.

Clubs are cashing in on the game's more feminised market. This season the England team and some Premiership clubs - including Liverpool and Wolverhampton Wanderers - have introduced specially designed replica shirts cut for women.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Of course not. I took a girlfriend in 1988 - last time I can tell you. They don't want to talk about anything in regard to the football, just the physical appearance of the players. Just as there is a family stand there should be women's stands.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Only if they're pretty. That way, there's something nice to look at when the games are dire.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

An academic study highlights a new phenomenon of mothers and daughters going to football matches together, just as fathers have traditionally taken their sons.

Clubs are cashing in on the game's more feminised market. This season the England team and some Premiership clubs - including Liverpool and Wolverhampton Wanderers - have introduced specially designed replica shirts cut for women.

Yeah, well It's hardly an ordeal to go and sit in a lovely warm stadium with bars and restaurants is it...Also birds go because theyre too bloody nosey and want to know what their husband is getting up to..God forbid he's having a laugh with his mates!

The women who go to Withdean however...and you know who you are...quality birds there for the Football not the amenities...of course they could just be desperate to get a bloke I suppose.

1066gull

Yes.

Its a bonus if your girl likes football aswell. And an even bigger bonus she supports the same team.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Hahaha. I know quite a lot of women who support football teams as passionately if not more so than a lot of men. I probably wouldn't try and drag one who isn't interested in the game at all to a match, but if they are so much the merrier!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here