Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we not be BOYCOTTING MK Dons?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Everyone seems to be heading off to the Moo Camp this Saturday and granted, it is likely to be an important game / relegation party.

BUT

Should we not actually be boycotting the match?

I remember loads of people vowing to never go there when Wimbledon was FRANCHISED up.

Why the change of heart?

I for one will NOT be going. I do not wish to give them ANY money. Some things are more important than the result of a single match.

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
As much as I was against Wimbledon moving away from their area (and I'll feel the same if any other club plans to move to another part of the country), I think its time to move on now.

MK are very much their own club now, and I believe have given past trophies won by Wimbledon back to Merton Council.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
New ground or not, MK Dons represent everything which is WRONG about football.

Fans from other clubs took a stand with us in days gone by.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
No. We're going to support OUR team.

I will not be spending any money inside the stadium.

Showing support for the Albion is far more important than any feelings/boycott towards MK, IMHO.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
As much as I was against Wimbledon moving away from their area (and I'll feel the same if any other club plans to move to another part of the country), I think its time to move on now.

MK are very much their own club now, and I believe have given past trophies won by Wimbledon back to Merton Council.

Very much their own club which was STOLEN from fans in Wimbledon.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
No. We're going to support OUR team.

I will not be spending any money inside the stadium.

Showing support for the Albion is far more important than any feelings/boycott towards MK, IMHO.

Spot on. :clap:

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
I for one will NOT be going. I do not wish to give them ANY money. Some things are more important than the result of a single match.

Would you be going anyway Rich? You do about 3 aways a season don't you?

I personally think it is a disgrace that they were allowed to play in the league but what will it achieve in not going?

At the time time I felt that the other 91 league clubs should have refused to deal with MK. The should have all agreed to not to buy or sell contracted players from/to them

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
I think it IS still worth protesting. They should never be allowed to forget what 'they' did and that the rest of football hates them.

However i don't think anyone would begrudge us finding an alternative way of protesting on Saturday. Our team desperately needs as much support as possible for this match, so a boycott is out of the question for me. I won't criticise anyone who does boycott though, so long as their reasons are true (ie. not just because they can't be arse and we'll probably get beat).

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
New ground or not, MK Dons represent everything which is WRONG about football.

Fans from other clubs took a stand with us in days gone by.

I wonder..... when the day comes that MK Dons inevitably will have to play AFC Wimbledon at the Moo Camp... do you HONESTLY think the AFC Wimbledon fans will boycott the game? I would have thought if they still wished to protest it would be better to go to the game with suitable banners and songs.....

wouldn't it....

and if you really cared to continue the protest....

wouldn't that be a better thing for you to do?

Let's be honest no one will notice you are not there.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think there comes a time when you just have to move on. Football clearly does have a place in MK - just look at the crowds, almost double ours.

Doesn't mean what happened is right, and you could argue about how many years is enough to carry on boycotting. For me, that time is up.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Was thinking about this last night.

To be honest given their current position, one or two people boycotting the game isn't going to bring Wimbledon back. I went to the old ground (Hockey Stadium) so would be daft for me not to go.

Did Atilla ever pay up on that bet he had with the Cardiff fella?

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
I think 'giving up' is precisely what people like Winkelman etc bank on. Endure the protests and derision until alot of people can't be arsed anymore and then you're home.

Which is why i never let go of ANYTHING. I like being angry, basically.

But as i said above, i shall endeavour to find a different way of protesting on Saturday, from within the ground. Suggestions welcome!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
We're not intetionally giving money to the Franchise cash cow though are we. I doubt 50 or so Brighton fans boycotting it will make a difference considering they'll probably get 13-14,000 through the gates anyway.

As to the suggestion of a protest, we could always rip out their padded seats a la Millwall? :)

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Would you be going anyway Rich? You do about 3 aways a season don't you?

I personally think it is a disgrace that they were allowed to play in the league but what will it achieve in not going?

At the time time I felt that the other 91 league clubs should have refused to deal with MK. The should have all agreed to not to buy or sell contracted players from/to them

Not every away by any means but certainly more than three...

I was planning on driving up on the Saturday until and Orient supporting mate was shocked to find were taking a load up there. Just made me think about whether or not, morally, we should be going.

I may end up still going, as people's arguments on here are quite convincing and ONE person not going won't make any difference.

Just feels wrong to be giving them cash...

What sort of protest could we do in the ground? Some sort of protest would certainly make me, and Im sure others, feel better about going.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Everyone seems to be heading off to the Moo Camp this Saturday and granted, it is likely to be an important game / relegation party.

BUT

Should we not actually be boycotting the match?

I remember loads of people vowing to never go there when Wimbledon was FRANCHISED up.

Why the change of heart?

Um, no!

Why should I give a toss about Wimbledon? I support the Albion - and they need all the support they can get right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here