Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we host religious weekends at the Amex ?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
As a devout Jehovah's Witness, I find some of the posts on here deeply offensive. I have tried to come to your houses and enlighten you with my time, wisdom and Thw Watchtower, yet you persist in your denial of the great Jehovah. I will have 40 virgins all to myself when I die, all those who deny Jehovah will go to Hell and burn.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
At least they all turned up on the date agreed :lolol:

I think a massive community carol service at Christmas would be a good move - happens at quite a few other clubs around the country. And quite a few of our songs come from hymns and carols anyway :guitar:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
around 9,000 there. Took a few pics and had a pie and spoke with two stewards who caught me trying to slide threw a gap at the south end as wanted to have a walk round.

Thought i was in trouble but we spoke for 40 minutes about their religion, about God, Saton, alcohol, sex and drugs. Asked about me and have I ever thought about talking in deth about it.

Said it was nice talking and shook their hands and made an accuse to leave. Haven't a problem with anyone or religion but its not my thing.

9000, well it sure does show how much our lovely stadium does for the community. Keeping 9000 of those off the streets bothering people at the weekend.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What exactly happens at these things? Did someone come on the pitch and say some stuff or did everyone just sit in the seats, have a chat and then go home?

Perhaps they talk about their doorstep techniques, pass on the knowledge!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

I think a massive community carol service at Christmas would be a good move - happens at quite a few other clubs around the country. And quite a few of our songs come from hymns and carols anyway :guitar:

great idea - one to suggest via Insider? :thumbsup:

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Did they all roll out of the stadium uplifted and in a religious fervour and start door knocking in Falmer Village?

Could have been a busy evening in that manor!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
How much of the stadium did "we" pay for? If nothing then it isn't our call!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Hark now hear, the Brighton sing...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Carol service is a cracking idea, though it could be a touch awkward when, at the crucial moment of Away In A Manger, the reverend discovers that the Little Lord Jesus did not as has always been believed "lay down his sweet head", but in fact sat up and announced how much he hated Palace.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Re the carol service. Wouldn't that count as a musical event, of which we're only allowed two per year?

Bisto

Getting older everyday
Oct 25, 2010
Brighton
Football is my religion so as far as I am concerned religious gatherings already occur 24+ times a year!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I think that would be a better thread title What business's and organisations would you like BHA hospitality to turn down .
or "what right do you have to dictate what the stadium or seat is used for anyway"

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Re the carol service. Wouldn't that count as a musical event, of which we're only allowed two per year?

Possibly not if it's a no charge community event, rather than a commercial thing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here