Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we host religious weekends at the Amex ?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
see the Jehovah Witnesses are in my seat this weekend......do not approve !:annoyed:

Their money's as good as anyone else's. And I doubt the club would accept a booking from any group likely to attract serious objections - the BNP or the vivisection appreciation society for example ...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

stickboy

Banned
May 30, 2012
Going to go along today as it's free. Only going to sit and stand and look at the east stand and south/south east corner and see how much is done. Have a couple of beers as well, anyone else going?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Religious gatherings? Absolutely. Rather like the idea of a Wiccan Festival meself, Sussex being the last pagan county and all that. Although we may have missed an opportunity with the summer solstice just gone.

Picture this: the sun rising above the East Arch, first rays striking the centre spot altar... mass chanting, robed figures... Christopher Lee...

Ah. Problem: where do you find a virgin - in Brighton of all places?

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Religious gatherings? Absolutely. Rather like the idea of a Wiccan Festival meself, Sussex being the last pagan county and all that. Although we may have missed an opportunity with the summer solstice just gone.

Picture this: the sun rising above the East Arch, first rays striking the centre spot altar... mass chanting, robed figures... Christopher Lee...

Ah. Problem: where do you find a virgin - in Brighton of all places?

Suspect you'll find many on here!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely, it's good money. Some of these religious organisations have got pots of cash and we're not just a football concern now.

I used to work at Sandown Park, and imagine the set-up was similar. The racing side got priority when they needed the course and buildings, but the conference/exhibition side was decent revenue, and they hosted a lot of religious meetings.

The money from football at the Amex will dwarf the conf and exhibition, simply because things like hospitality and boxes are huge, even before big crowds and catering spend. But the other 335-odd days a year you have to do something with it, and it seems to be going well at the moment.

I do remember controversy over things like arms fair/defence contractors exhibitions in that industry, I'm sure there will be something in the future at the Amex that the club want to take but there will be protests.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Remember if you shut the door to a calling Jehovah Witness you are shutting the door on your chance of salvation when Armageddon comes. You will not be one of the chosen ones who make it into the kingdom of Heaven. The nice JW woman who called at our door a few days back to inform of us of the Amex thing pronounced it as 'The New Aymex Stadium'

Sheep-On-Drugs-TV-Usa-17382.jpg

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Going to go along today as it's free. Only going to sit and stand and look at the east stand and south/south east corner and see how much is done. Have a couple of beers as well, anyone else going?

Any sign of drukenness and they will chuck you in their "hot tub" quicker than you can shout "Seagulls". Be careful!! I would not be surprised if the bars are shut, to be honest.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Absolutely, it's good money. Some of these religious organisations have got pots of cash and we're not just a football concern now.

I used to work at Sandown Park, and imagine the set-up was similar. The racing side got priority when they needed the course and buildings, but the conference/exhibition side was decent revenue, and they hosted a lot of religious meetings.

The money from football at the Amex will dwarf the conf and exhibition, simply because things like hospitality and boxes are huge, even before big crowds and catering spend. But the other 335-odd days a year you have to do something with it, and it seems to be going well at the moment.

I do remember controversy over things like arms fair/defence contractors exhibitions in that industry, I'm sure there will be something in the future at the Amex that the club want to take but there will be protests.

I think that would be a better thread title What business's and organisations would you like BHA hospitality to turn down .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here