Votes: 43 55.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 6 7.8%

• Total voters

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If found guilty should be give a life sentence with a minimum tariff to be served.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The death penalty has rightly been abolished.
Life should mean life.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
My father was a dog handler in Sussex police for 35 years so i'm very pro OB.
But i do not agree with the phrase "people should be hung for murdering policemen"

It was a very tragic event and my sympathies go to her family but you can't put her life above everyone else. If people should hang for her murder, they should hang for every murder....and i'm against the death penalty.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There's no place for a death penalty in a civilised society.

But I'd like to think that life meant life in this case.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Life to mean life in my opinion and never released from prison. In addition, no lengthy appeals should be allowed. However, I feel solitary confinement should be imposed with visits a privilege rather than a right. I do have Christian objections to the death penalty and also worry about innocent people being hanged, although I was close to feeling it should be imposed in cases such as the Durrington petrol bomb case. Does anyone know what has happened to that couple? The Argus said they were fighting for their lives and that the husband was very poorly.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No bringing back the death penalty with so many unsafe convictions just put them away for life (meaning life).

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
if you cant kill them, lock them up and chuck away the key

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Another vote for no to hanging, there is no place in civilised society for a state to kill its own people, however in this case life imprisonment should mean exactly that.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Life should mean life,no parole and as for hanging,never happen due to EEC and human rights industry:angry: Some would say maybe the policewoman had a human right? TO LIVE.

33057 Seagull

May 22, 2004
Over the border in Southwick
No - a damn long jail sentance though. Life should mean life.

Problem is that the more emotive the crime - child killing, police killing they are under pressure to get a 'result' & the first person(s) to be in the wrong place at the wrong time get arrested.

Okay often this is okay - as with the Moors Murders, Yorkshire Ripper & I suspect Russell Bishop.

What about the Guildford Four & Birmingham Six? They were Irish, had clear alibis, didn't do it, yet got banged away for a long time before being acquited.

Bringing back a death sentence will not act as a deterrent & before long the police will be kicking in the doors or anyone whose face doesn't fit.

Do we want to be like the USA, China or Saudi Arabia - I don't think so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here