Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the Palace game be postponed?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Probably too late now, but given the travel issues around the Gillingham game, should the Palace fixture be postponed and rearranged for a Saturday or Sunday?

I hope I'm wrong, but I think a midweek date for the Palace game is crazy.

No Because i am excited and looking forward to it

Next ........................

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
This problem will arise for every club with a large following because of he fact that everybody has to go through Brighton another question is how will the police etc cope with the numbers of Pompey fans or Palace. Millwall West Ham Cardiff etc. There is no rail alternative to Falmer other than the routes used by Brighton fans.

Very much this. Based on today's experience getting to the station after the match and assuming most people will be leaving at the same time on evening matches, the police will be needed in much larger numbers just to control the train queues at Amex let alone being on the trains & at Brighton station.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
No, they should just sort it out and provide more single deckers to serve Mill Road so empty double deckers aren't sat around and taking 3 people at a time to Racecourse or Mithras House.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No they don't. They can also go via Lewes back to London. It's only Portsmouth/Southampton that need to go back through Brighton.

I use that line as do many supporters, but I would suggest that the vast majority use Brighton and everybody has to use Falmer station and how will the police segregate fans there.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Why do people assume just because we have a lovely new stadium that they have a right to teleported straight from the ground to their armchair within 5 minutes?
Any event,football,concert,pride that have large amounts of people attending will inevitably take a long time to clear,fact of life I'm afraid.

Indeed!! I hope Bloom is investing in some sort Star Trek teleport. Beam me up Tanno.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
this is the conventional/offical train of thought. i've always thought that those likly to cause trouble dont have jobs. a noon kick off would be btter and is usual option for difficult matches.
Aside from being a fairly silly thing to think, it's not the point. The more people who are drunk the more likely there are to be random acts of violence, rather than trouble from 'those likely' to cause it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here