Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the Palace game be postponed?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Probably too late now, but given the travel issues around the Gillingham game, should the Palace fixture be postponed and rearranged for a Saturday or Sunday?

I hope I'm wrong, but I think a midweek date for the Palace game is crazy.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No because it will be the same for most night games ie Millwall - Leeds etc

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
You may have a point, although it won't happen. Transport problems may be eased by then; however if the game were to be rearranged, it would be an admission of failure of the transport arrangements and wouldn't do much to support the expansion of the stadium.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
No. The travel issues weren't so bad.

Have you ever tried to get out of Wembly?

Also just been told I have to work Saturdays from now on due to staffing issues :D i want some use out of my season ticket.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, of course, let's play every game on a Saturday!
:facepalm:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No. The travel issues weren't so bad.

Have you ever tried to get out of Wembly?

Also just been told I have to work Saturdays from now on due to staffing issues :D i want some use out of my season ticket.

Exactly.

There's always going to be some sort of congestion with 20k crowds,what do you expect? I think our transport system isn't to bad. Getting out of West Ham was a nightmare.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If we wanted to move back to the Goldstone now and build a stadium there,we would never be allowed,on traffic grounds,despite being there for 100 years-no cancellation of Palace game required.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i rather think the potential for travel problems is the reason for the evening kick off. some will be discouraged and others will be mindfull of the need to get a move on after the game.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
i rather think the potential for travel problems is the reason for the evening kick off. some will be discouraged and others will be mindfull of the need to get a move on after the game.

doubt it - it will simply prevent many from drinking for hours before the game due to work commitments

a saturday ko would've presented a much better transport solution

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Is there any ground in the country that does not have travel congestion outside the ground and surrounding areas after getting a crowd of 15k+.??

Why do people assume just because we have a lovely new stadium that they have a right to teleported straight from the ground to their armchair within 5 minutes?
Any event,football,concert,pride that have large amounts of people attending will inevitably take a long time to clear,fact of life I'm afraid.

Stumpy Tim

Why do people assume just because we have a lovely new stadium that they have a right to teleported straight from the ground to their armchair within 5 minutes?
Any event,football,concert,pride that have large amounts of people attending will inevitably take a long time to clear,fact of life I'm afraid.

This. Postpone a game because the train is busy. Ridiculous suggestion

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Palace fans need transport issues as an excuse for a poor away turnout.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This problem will arise for every club with a large following because of he fact that everybody has to go through Brighton another question is how will the police etc cope with the numbers of Pompey fans or Palace. Millwall West Ham Cardiff etc. There is no rail alternative to Falmer other than the routes used by Brighton fans.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
doubt it - it will simply prevent many from drinking for hours before the game due to work commitments

this is the conventional/offical train of thought. i've always thought that those likly to cause trouble dont have jobs. a noon kick off would be btter and is usual option for difficult matches.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Probably too late now, but given the travel issues around the Gillingham game, should the Palace fixture be postponed and rearranged for a Saturday or Sunday?

I hope I'm wrong, but I think a midweek date for the Palace game is crazy.

What issues? Yes there was a bit of a queue for the trains, but what do you expect?

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
You may have a point, although it won't happen. Transport problems may be eased by then; however if the game were to be rearranged, it would be an admission of failure of the transport arrangements and wouldn't do much to support the expansion of the stadium.

If the scum from lewes carry on complaining about parking in there shithole of a town as Lord B hinted we may have trouble getting planning any way, boycott the dump

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here