Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the club wait until the player is signed before getting the fans hopes up?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
This special player has got all our hopes up and of course as per usual there is no sign off him.Maybe the club should not get our hopes up then it would be a nice suprise when it happens and if it does not we would not even know.:bhasign:

PalG

Nov 22, 2010
Yes they should. Poyet shouldn't add in things like 'very special player' because it just makes it even more of a let down. We'll go to Southampton tomorrow and lose 4-0, sorry for the negativity but Batti is a donkey and we won't have no width.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I like the way Poyet keeps the fans in the loop. Sometimes it comes off, sometimes it doesn't. The guy is enthusiastic and wears his heart on his sleeve. We are not all 12 so you really should be able to handle the occasional disappointment. It's not like Gus hasn't brought in better players and entertained us so far this season is it?

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
I think it's not the club to be fair, it's just Gus.

I think he just gets enthusiastic and wants to let people know he's trying to bring players in (and I don't think he's great at keeping secrets!). Personally, I'd rather he didn't say anything until it's done.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
How has it been a let down- he said the player was due to be signed on Thursday :facepalm:

No, simply people would be more annoyed if they told us nothing. Anway, the "Special player" is, according to my reliable gym SAUCE, on his way in by the 4.00 p.m. Thursday deadine which is along the lines of what Gus said, although again he has also said he wants him in quick, so hopefully we may still see him sign on the dotted line come this time tommorrow. Either way, Southampton will be too strong for us in my opinion, with or without "The special one".

Batti

Jul 19, 2010
No, simply people would be more annoyed if they told us nothing. Anway, the "Special player" is, according to my reliable gym SAUCE, on his way in by the 4.00 p.m. Thursday deadine which is along the lines of what Gus said, although again he has also said he wants him in quick, so hopefully we may still see him sign on the dotted line come this time tommorrow. Either way, Southampton will be too strong for us in my opinion, with or without "The special one".

Did your 'sauce' also tell you who the special one actually was?

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
its going to be a 19 year old winger from Barcelona

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Should, perhaps, fans take these things with a pinch of salt fully aware of the complex nature of negotiating football deals, and simply take responsibility for letting themselves get carried away and reading too much into comments?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Personally I would rather know who/what type of player he is in negotiations to sign so that I can DREAM about who I want it to be.

Come on all, get real. Isn't it nicer to have some kind of open dialogue than a 'no comment' merchant?

Dare to dream.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I'd much rather hear we might be getting a certain player from gus rather than some of the wanna be famous for 5 mins posters you get on here, making out they got inside info, spouting off the drivel that we are in for certain players cause they've heard from someone in the know!

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Why should the club wait just so they don't get our hopes up?

Do we really need to be treated like over-sensitive children?

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I can't believe some of the negativity on this thread.

We are top of the league.
Southampton are not Real Madrid.
We have won away 4-0 at the team who are in second place.

Some of the above posters seem to think we might as well hand over the three points now.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Basically on the Argus article Gus says we would like him for the Saints test (not gonna happen now). But it has been negotiated that he will arive tommorrow or thursday, this frustrated Gus as he felt we could of benefited from him in todays match.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Well I for one remain excited - if Gus says he's special that will do for me. Just dare to imagine for a while that it is that Spansih kid from Barca, mentale.
I'm also quietly confident about tonight's game - this current "slump" we are in will end soon enough and what better place to end it that at St. Mary's. Such a shame I'll be fast asleep throughout it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's about managing expectations. If the club said nothing then there would be thread after thread moaning about how the club aren't doing anything to sign this player or that player so it really is a no win situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here