Votes: 22 30.6%
  • No - free speech is legal in this country

Votes: 25 34.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The abusers whoever they are in the firing line. There is a massive outcry asking for them to be banned. I agree it is ridiculous to slag them off before the game especially Cox and Robinson but I think it has gone over the top. People should within reason be aloud to speak their minds and they should be warned if found about their future conduct but this " ban them from Withdean " is over the top.

The players cannot be wrapped in cotton wool, its a tough profession and they need to toughen up and fast. I personally think the Withdean crowd have been incredibly patient and tolerant this season towards the fans and Wilkins in particular bearing in mind the home performances and results. McGhee would have been tarred and feathered outside the Crown and Anchor by now with this years home perfomances.

The players can only use the " they are young, they are learning their trade " card for so long.

Its time to walk the walk, if they were playing for a club up North they would have had a lot more grief.

Come on lets move on, lets stop making excuses, lets play some football at home and lets start to win or it will a long hard season next year and there will be lots more " toys out of prams " and " I'm tellng mummy of the bullies " next year.

The way the players can prove these " fans " wrong is to win games and stuff the ball in the net and they need to learn that fast imho.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The rules have always stated that anyone using foul or abusive language will be ejected.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
dougdeep said:
The rules have always stated that anyone using foul or abusive language will be ejected.

We all know that is crap or I would have been banned virtually every game over he last 8 years and the whole of H and J block would be empty every game

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
No, there has to be consistency so why should they get banned if others including Adam El Abd don't?...

sid

Banned
Feb 16, 2007
Uncle Spielberg said:
We all know that is crap or I would have been banned virtually every game over he last 8 years and the whole of H and J block would be empty every game
it nearly is !

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
if we were winning games then no one would give abuse.some of the football i have witnessed this season has been little short of apalling! i go week in week out to withdean and am intitled to my opinion.we can shout as much as we want at the players but the bottom line is, the majority are not fit to wear the shirt!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Yellow card and Red card system.

There is something on the Swansea Liberty Stadium web site of how they deal with bullies and idiots and smokers.

i.e. no mention about they deal with six foot plus unemployed rugby-playing ex-miners built like a brick shit house.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
We can all get frustrated with players and officials and let out a few swear words at times and that sort of thing is generally ignored. But then there's allways the big mouth who has to stand up and call a player or official something along the lines of " you F**king useless C**t " with the sole intention of trying to look big and clever, Thats the type that should recieve a warning. The one's who should be banned are the twats who go there with the intention of abusing certain players whatever they do as proved with the Jake & Coxy incidents of late, No club needs so called fans like that.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I tend not to swear in front of kids though. I suppose some people think it's clever.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
People need to realise that the comments are nothing to do with the footballing ability of the players and those directed to Cox, Robinson and Loft were far more personal.

I think what I'm saying is booing after a poor performance is one thing, but a pre-meditated full scale personal attack before a game is another

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
dougdeep said:
I tend not to swear in front of kids though. I suppose some people think it's clever.

I accept if I take little bulldog into H block he's going to hear people swearing and if the truth be told behind my back he can probably out swear most of them, But the place I dont like to hear it is in the family stand and thats the only place i've ever told someone to to shut it at the Withdean.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
British Bulldog said:
We can all get frustrated with players and officials and let out a few swear words at times and that sort of thing is generally ignored. But then there's allways the big mouth who has to stand up and call a player or official something along the lines of " you F**king useless C**t " with the sole intention of trying to look big and clever, Thats the type that should recieve a warning. The one's who should be banned are the twats who go there with the intention of abusing certain players whatever they do as proved with the Jake & Coxy incidents of late, No club needs so called fans like that.

I would not want to buy a season ticket and end of sitting sitting next to a prat like that. Too many of them.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
British Bulldog said:
I accept if I take little bulldog into H block he's going to hear people swearing and if the truth be told behind my back he can probably out swear most of them, But the place I dont like to hear it is in the family stand and thats the only place i've ever told someone to to shut it at the Withdean.

agree completely.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ROSM said:
People need to realise that the comments are nothing to do with the footballing ability of the players and those directed to Cox, Robinson and Loft were far more personal.

I think what I'm saying is booing after a poor performance is one thing, but a pre-meditated full scale personal attack before a game is another

Agreed.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Even tho what was said was ill informed, i kinda feel that its turning in to a nanny stae where we can't do this and that, etc... Wheres the option for free speech? Or isn't that alowed?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Kenhead said:
Even tho what was said was ill informed, i kinda feel that its turning in to a nanny stae where we can't do this and that, etc... Wheres the option for free speech? Or isn't that alowed?

Foul and abusive language is illegal under the Public Order Act (section 4)
Say it to a copper and you'll be in court the next morning.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Depends in what contact doesn't tho Yorke, i would never slag off a player before a game (what can it achive) but i would make mumblins about a piss poor home defeat (not directed at any one specifically) but from what i've heard from saturday, your not aloud to do that?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Uncle Spielberg said:
The abusers whoever they are in the firing line. There is a massive outcry asking for them to be banned. I agree it is ridiculous to slag them off before the game especially Cox and Robinson but I think it has gone over the top. People should within reason be aloud to speak their minds and they should be warned if found about their future conduct but this " ban them from Withdean " is over the top.

The players cannot be wrapped in cotton wool, its a tough profession and they need to toughen up and fast. I personally think the Withdean crowd have been incredibly patient and tolerant this season towards the fans and Wilkins in particular bearing in mind the home performances and results. McGhee would have been tarred and feathered outside the Crown and Anchor by now with this years home perfomances.

The players can only use the " they are young, they are learning their trade " card for so long.

Its time to walk the walk, if they were playing for a club up North they would have had a lot more grief.

Come on lets move on, lets stop making excuses, lets play some football at home and lets start to win or it will a long hard season next year and there will be lots more " toys out of prams " and " I'm tellng mummy of the bullies " next year.

The way the players can prove these " fans " wrong is to win games and stuff the ball in the net and they need to learn that fast imho.

please support another club.I've just had about enough of your constant whinging.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here