Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should pensioners have the right to vote?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Admittedly I knew more about what was happening in the world when I was in the nick but.............................................

:lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can a moderator use the search function ?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Fair point. I will give up MY vote, if you; lets say double my pension and link it to inflation AND leave all the other goodies in place.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Assuming you mean state pension age, which is currently different for men and women I would say it was unfair to restrict. Pensioners are impacted by governments as much as the rest of us. More so in some scenarios so I would say it would be daft to impose a maximum voting age.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Cool story Bro.

imagesCA70TTHJ.jpg

Seagull Stew

I wouldn't go as far as to prevent all pensioners from voting. Maybe just those who are unlikely to be alive for the full duration of the incoming Government's term.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
When I go to the polling station its full of old gits like me. Don't see many youngsters bothering. My view is that if you don't vote for one parliamentary election and the local elections during a five year period you lose the right to vote.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I would let them vote 100%

but would prevent them using public transport, driving on roads and being in shops during peak times (JOKE)

of course they should be able too

getz

Jan 15, 2010
Not all pensioners are dribbling idiots.Let's turn this question you pose around.? Should we give the vote to any 18-25 year old? Let us look at the underclass of this age. They have no comprehension or interest in world affairs apart from the latest smartphone orgetting bladdered on Saturday night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here