Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should NSC buy Hawesy 'a little something' as he leaves for pastures new?

Should we get Hawesy a leaving gift?

• Yes - for he's a jolly good fellow

Votes: 79 89.8%
  • No - he's a windowlicker of the highest order

Votes: 9 10.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not a 'great servant of the club' in the typical sense but Andrew Hawes has done Albion fans a wonderful service over the years, bringing a touch of class to Albion coverage that is lacking at many clubs of our level.

As NSC has a few quid in the pot (and a gentle reminder to keep buying your Christmas pressies from Amazon please!), I thought it would be good to buy him some sort of memento by way of thanks for his efforts.

It's not my money to spend though, so open it to a vote. If you have any ideas as to what, specifically, we can get him then PM me at your leisure.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Sounds good to me.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Wouldn't it be a bit sour? After all this all seems to have come along after the whole "lickergate" incident. I think he is fully deserving of something, however im not so sure he would feel the same way.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Good idea. And get all the precious TOSSERS who were offended by Lickergate to stump up an extra £50 each. They owe us big time now and it's the least they can do.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I really hope he is going to a job that will bring him to a wider audience than he has at the moment. As good a football commentator as there is around imo. I wish him well and as i listen to most Albion matches on SCR I reckon I'll miss him. Quite what are you thinking about buying him Bozza?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Good idea. And get all the precious TOSSERS who were offended by Lickergate to stump up an extra £50 each. They owe us big time now and it's the least they can do.

Do you know that his departure is related to Lickergate?

Anyway: as I said yesterday, we've been blessed to have him as a commentator over the last few years and he'll be much missed as he no doubt rises up the broadcasting ladder and entirely deservedly so.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Do you know that his departure is related to Lickergate?
Well obviously I don't, but it's a little bit of conincidence don't you think? He'd been doing it for, what, 10 years and then decides to move on almost as soon as he's re-instated. Probably decided he didn't want to work for a load of craven morons who were going to jump every time the green ink brigade spouted off their hypocritical shit.

Just idle speculation on my part of course, but can you tell me that ISN'T the reason?

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Okay, now I know this sounds a tad gay but I would really like to thank Andrew directly by way of email or whatever to say thanks for all the great pleasure he has brought me listening to the Albion commentaries thousands of miles away here in Japan (pm me if you can help).

I see Jim Proudfoot (last game at the Goldstone commentary?) has moved on to big things and reckon Hawesey is the same caliber if not better.

Cheers Hawesey. Really.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very good idea, perhaps a tankard or something inscribed thanks for your great commentaries from NSC

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Most certainly - Albion commentaries will never be the same again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here