Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

should mayo keep his place

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
i dont rate mayo but you cannot really change a team that wins. especially when it has been so long since we last won.

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Yes - same starting line-up for me, until Hinsh and Chippy are fully fit.

Then some difficult choices to make in the back four and midfield.

I hope CKR gets a good long run of starts up front - probably with Harty... and Jake and the Biggun on the bench for some alternatives as necessary.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Mayo showed a distinct lack of sharpness, which I am sure he will regain when he plays more. It was certainly a bonus to have someone left footed on the left to link up with Fruity. I think he deserves a fair crack of the whip. Reid was very good in a more natural position for him.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I wanted Kezza back in the team and I thought he did pretty well.
He deserves to keep his place for now.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
He's not perfect, but it was a major factor in winning to actually have a left back at left back for once. Still need a replacement, but he'll do for now.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
deserveshis place after that, and i would take him over reid at left back anyday

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Wait until we get relegated a couple of times. Then he won't be hopelessly out of his depth. In the meantime, someone has to make the tea.............

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
graz126 said:
cannot really change a team that wins

Shouldnt that be

"cannot change a team that won once upon a time"?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Kaney said:
Shouldnt that be

"cannot change a team that won once upon a time"?

mayo has played in 33% of our vicotires this season:)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Theres a balance there with Mayo and if MM can get him playing consistently ok (not expecting miracles just yet) I would be more than happy.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Mayo can play at this level but it seems like he has to be forced into fighting for his future to get the level of perfromance needed. Magoo seems to have realised this and from his comments you suspect Kerry had thought it would only be a matter of time before a recall. Now he has the chance of keeping his place before January I hope he's up to the challenge.

Squiggsy

Oct 26, 2003
Worthing
It was a big help having Mayo and Reid as full backs on Fri imho.

Mayo has been able to perform at this level before and I don't see why he can't do the same again now - must be lacking a bit of sharpness at the moment tho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here