• Yes

Votes: 48 64.9%
  • No

Votes: 26 35.1%

• Total voters

Hydro Driven

Nov 1, 2004
Brighton
I don't know if he should be the penalty taker! He has missed his last 2!!!!! Do we need to train someone else?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
When Zamora left I thought Carpenter would have got the job. I think Leon should get another chance though, as long as he varies it a bit.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I think he needs to vary it a bit. All keepers in this division know exactly what he is going to do now, so they wait for the staggered run then they can make an easier assessment of where he's going to put it. Very good save by the keeper yesterday though.

The Timekeeper

FAT BOY 'NOT' SLIM
Sep 25, 2003
At home, the pub,the bookies
Leon took the pens last season and he didn't miss! Also remember it was his penalty and run up style that won us the play off finals against Bristol City. I think it was a good save. Leon should carry on imho.

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Virgs, but only away from home.

We couldn't afford a new net ourselves everytime he blasts one through the net.:lolol:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Yes, until someone else steps up - no-one else volunteered yesterday. Chippy has only ever taken for us in shoot-outs, which suggests he doesn't want it. As long as Leon's confident, let him take them - anyway, it was a superb save yesterday, Gerrard deserves the plaudits.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Only saw it on the championship this morning.
Firmly struck, bottom corner, just inside the post, keeper guessed? right (err left) and made a full stretch save.

If Leon always goes the same way (does he?), then the answer is to add variation. IMO it was a well taken pen, but credit to the keeper for either doing his homework, or guessing it correctly.

It was NOT a badly taken penalty.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
pasty said:
I think he needs to vary it a bit. All keepers in this division know exactly what he is going to do now, so they wait for the staggered run then they can make an easier assessment of where he's going to put it. Very good save by the keeper yesterday though.

Exactly right:clap:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BHA links said:
Virgs, but only away from home.

We couldn't afford a new net ourselves everytime he blasts one through the net.:lolol:

He is a woefull pen taker - he took the worst one in play offs and according to reports didnt do well in training

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Leon missed one penalty last season (QPR?) and the ref made him take it again because of encroachment.

He does vary which side it goes so I think that Gerrard at full stretch made a good finger tip save.

Chippy took a good penalty against Swindon in the play off semi but does he want to do it full time?

MM has already said that Leon is going to have to practise them more which says to me that he is going to stick with him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here