Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheff Wed start their signings

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
93 appearances for the Foxes and 7 goals.That's some going for a defender so young.He was ever present when they went up and they lost 4 games all season.Must be pretty good.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
93 appearances for the Foxes and 7 goals.That's some going for a defender so young.He was ever present when they went up and they lost 4 games all season.Must be pretty good.

He biggest asset is his concentration and his composure. He is also brilliant in the air from what I remember. As I mentioned in my earlier post, his main weakness is a distinct lack of pace.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Peterborough have signed a couple of decent Premier League youngsters on loan, Obika from Spurs and Agard from Everton. I'm not worried about them catching us, 'cause if they or Wednesday do we're not going to be in automatic contention probably, but could make our game against them a bit trickier.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
He biggest asset is his concentration and his composure. He is also brilliant in the air from what I remember. As I mentioned in my earlier post, his main weakness is a distinct lack of pace.

I thought it was more a case of his strengths being Concentration, Organisation, Composure & Knowledge?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
One of our rivals also signed a premier youngster as well, from Everton i think.

Cant remember anything else other than thinking he may be ok

edit * someone already mentioned up top

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Peterborough have signed a couple of decent Premier League youngsters on loan, Obika from Spurs and Agard from Everton. I'm not worried about them catching us, 'cause if they or Wednesday do we're not going to be in automatic contention probably, but could make our game against them a bit trickier.

No i'm not.They have the worse remaining fixtures left out of the top 7.

You have to take Wednesday more serious then any other club.They have plus 12 GD and both home away defence record looks sound.Nearly as good as us.They have championship players who will show there worth in the 2nd half of the season.They have now been taken over which doesn't help either.
Our only saving grace is that they have lost 9 already.
I believe promotion for us will come down to the last 3 matches which we have the hardest of any team going for it.Our last game is away to Notts while all the others have easy home games.
Notts County are no mugs under Ince.They are bang in form at the moment.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Southampton

Wednesday

Charlton

Udders

Cherries

That is the order i reckon who will challenge us the most.

We have 43pts so far and that is quite low going on the last few seasons.We really need to turn draws into wins as this is our problem.Our form dipped simply because we lost Lua Lua.

We have Noone and hopefully Lua Lua back in March.If Wise takes the Charlton job then i can see Lua Lua going there because Wise and Ashby? are good friends.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Southampton

Wednesday

Charlton

Udders

Cherries

That is the order i reckon who will challenge us the most.

We have 43pts so far and that is quite low going on the last few seasons.We really need to turn draws into wins as this is our problem.Our form dipped simply because we lost Lua Lua.

We have Noone and hopefully Lua Lua back in March.If Wise takes the Charlton job then i can see Lua Lua going there because Wise and Ashby? are good friends.

Would he want to upset Gus though? If he did hijack Lua Lua surely that would be a breech of their friendship & would Lua Lua even agree to this, I doubt it.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Would he want to upset Gus though? If he did hijack Lua Lua surely that would be a breech of their friendship & would Lua Lua even agree to this, I doubt it.
It has nothing to do with Lua Lua where he goes at the end of the day.He can of course turn it down but why would he?The Newcastle chairman does like to inter fear in things.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
No i'm not.They have the worse remaining fixtures left out of the top 7.

You have to take Wednesday more serious then any other club.They have plus 12 GD and both home away defence record looks sound.Nearly as good as us.They have championship players who will show there worth in the 2nd half of the season.They have now been taken over which doesn't help either.
Our only saving grace is that they have lost 9 already.
I believe promotion for us will come down to the last 3 matches which we have the hardest of any team going for it.Our last game is away to Notts while all the others have easy home games.
Notts County are no mugs under Ince.They are bang in form at the moment.
Everyone has to play the same team, home and away. If we have hard fixtures when they have eaiser ones than vice versa must be true (this was the case last week, away to Exeter, hard, away to Dagenham, easy).

If we keep up our current points ratio, we'll end up with about 89 points, to 90 points Sheffield Wednesday would need significantly better than 2 points a game.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
That is a very very good signing for them. Have we got any new boys lined up?!

I'm hoping we go back for Harley.Might have to wait untill last day for Exeter to cash in or risk losing him on a free.We stand a better chance getting him cheaper then but so have other clubs.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm hoping we go back for Harley.Might have to wait untill last day for Exeter to cash in or risk losing him on a free.We stand a better chance getting him cheaper then but so have other clubs.

Would love Harley. Had a dream last night that we signed Max Gradel, who weird played for Leceister the same season they went up with Michael Morrison.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here