Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheff Wed need to redeem themselves to us

1066gull

After all they sent us down in 2006. I swore, abused, and missed OGH fumble but I will forever forgive them if Palace don't win tonight and they do them !!

Do it again Wednesday!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Jesus, if we had issues with every team that had ever sent us down over the years we wouldn't have many friends left in football.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Rubbish
They kindly laid down and died in the 1983 semi-final

[yt]g5pddh-EoW4[/yt]

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And our team being shit over 46 games.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So it's Sheff Weds' fault we went down? OK...

We had a relegation six pointer v them late in the season. I believe the loss to them made it mathmatically impossible to survive.

I take issue with the OP calling it a OGH fumble. Henderson needlessly parried the ball against Hart, he had no chance. (Much like McShane in an identical situation a week or two before v southampton giving the saints the breakthrough they were otherwise being denied)

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
We had a relegation six pointer v them late in the season. I believe the loss to them made it mathmatically impossible to survive.

I take issue with the OP calling it a OGH fumble. Henderson needlessly parried the ball against Hart, he had no chance. (Much like McShane in an identical situation a week or two before v southampton giving the saints the breakthrough they were otherwise being denied)

Still hardly makes it their fault. All this "I hate team x for beating us" stuff is ridiculous (Man Utd in the cup final probably being the best example). What do we expect them to do, lie down and let us score as many goals as we'd like for 90 minutes?

1066gull

I remember we drawn about 7games in the first 10-12 games of that season which really cost us.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Wednesday are wank, whatever happens tonight Palace will still probably stay up. :rant:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Or Dick Knight running out of money?

Or McGhee falling out with all the black players?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I have great respect for SWFC after the classy way the fans I met handled the Highbury defeat in '83.

I wish them all the luck in the world on Sunday

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Rubbish
They kindly laid down and died in the 1983 semi-final

[yt]g5pddh-EoW4[/yt]

Marvellous scenes.

I was in the USA at the time and missed the First Division years, except for the Cup Final.

I noticed Gary Megson on the Sheff W team sheet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here