Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheff Utd's second goal

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
Like most people around me on Saturday, I thought that Kuipers was at fault for landing Lynch in it with a naff pass (although Lynch did not have the best of touches, and with hindsight should have put his foot through the ball). Butters & McShane were having a right go at Kuipers for not hoofing it upfield, but having watched the replay yesterday, as Chippy played it back to Kuipers, McShane was actually gesturing for Kuipers to play it out wide. I'd personally blame Chippy for such a crap back pass in the first place.
Unfortunately for MK, I think that might be the excuse MM needs to put Henderson in now, despite MK's awesome save from Dean in the last minute.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yedp good save but it didnt mean a great deal as 3-1 down.
The mistake was at 1-0 and when the game was still in the balance score wise, tyhe second went in and game over.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
From the Argus report:-

The Seagulls certainly know all about the threat of Ifill, the Brighton-born right winger who thrived under manager Mark McGhee at Millwall.

Ifill tormented Dan Harding when he scored against his home city club at The New Den last season. This time Joel Lynch was his unfortunate victim in the 64th minute.

The 18-year-old leftback, making only his third senior start, was caught in possession by Ifill, who was then left clean through.

After a nightmare first half, in which the home fans were on his back, Ifill must have been tempted to square the ball to give Steve Kabba a simple tap-in.

Instead, like most wingers inspiring and infuriating in equal measure, he clipped a clever finish befitting an £800,000 purchase over the advancing Michel Kuipers from an unkind angle.

Lynch's replacement by youth team-mate Joe Gatting four minutes later had more to do with Albion trying to find a way back into the match than any responsibility for the deficit doubling.

Kuipers did not help the youngster by giving him the ball in an area where he did not want it and Ifill was full of sympathy.

"Joel was unlucky," he said. "He should probably have put his foot through it but I don't know if he even saw me coming and by the time he did I'd made the tackle.

"He shouldn't have had the ball. Michel should have cleared it, I think he knows that himself.

"Joel's a young lad, so it's hard for him. I thought he did really well. I think that was his only mistake and he's a big, strong lad."

Kuipers' performance encapsulated why Wayne Henderson, on the bench on Saturday, is back permanently following his successful loan spell from Aston Villa earlier in the season.

Saves from Kabba, Jagielka, Ifill and Brian Deane's late header emphasised what a super shot-stopper the big Dutchman is but the speed and accuracy of his distribution - one of Henderson's strong points - is still a concern for McGhee.

Kuipers could do nothing about the goal which rounded off the Blades' victory in the 75th minute, Kabba putting Michael Tonge clean through the middle to calmly tuck away his first of the season.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
It also shows why we need another left back. I've got nothing against Lynch and think he will be a great player, but I don't think he's ready to be a first team regular yet.

I fear this could mean the end of Kuipers as well :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here