Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shaun White - Incredible run on half pipe

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's spectacular stuff for sure.

However I do wonder if Shaun White does well with the judges becaue he is, errrrm, Shaun White. It would be interesting to see what would happen if if were possible for the boarders to board but retain complete anonymity. Would he stll win or win so clearly?

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I still struggle that its an Olympic sport, I love watching it but they are such a ladi back bunch of surfer dudes complete with the oufits (especially the USA outfit of faux demin trousers) but just when you put it up against the skiiers, cross country-ers, lugers etc it still seems odd.

Totally gnarly anyhow...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It's spectacular stuff for sure.

However I do wonder if Shaun White does well with the judges becaue he is, errrrm, Shaun White. It would be interesting to see what would happen if if were possible for the boarders to board but retain complete anonymity. Would he stll win or win so clearly?

In fairness to Shaun he would stand out even if that was the case, his valedictory run was just spectacular. He can just do tricks that no-one else can.

I do have misgivings about any 'sport' that requires judging to decide a result, but the half-pipe does make for entertaining viewing.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I still struggle that its an Olympic sport, I love watching it but they are such a ladi back bunch of surfer dudes complete with the oufits (especially the USA outfit of faux demin trousers) but just when you put it up against the skiiers, cross country-ers, lugers etc it still seems odd.

Totally gnarly anyhow...

its like having skateboarding the the summer olympics

could believe it when one of the competitiors took out his iphone (or similar) which he was listening to whilst doing his run

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I actually forgot he was a real person as opposed to a cartoon character in a Wii Snowboarding game :dunce:

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Much respect for his "gnarly" skills, when he is "clipped in" and "ampt" he can tear any field apart but put him up against a true Olympian like a heptathlete or cross country skier he comes out as a over sponsored street bum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here